Firepod for sale

msmales555

$200 takes a perfectly working Firepod with the power cable. I don't have the Cubase LE disc nor do I have the drivers cd or the firewire cable. I upgraded to an RME Fireface 800 and I just don't need this anymore. For $200 you get the Firepod and the power cable. You can download the newest drivers from Presonus's website, but you'll need a firewire cable and a software program to run it.

Thanks,

Mike

I was thinking about upgrading my firepod to an RME 800...

Did you see a big difference in your recording (at least enough to justify the $1500 bill?)

Rme 800

I love the RME 800. It's a nice piece of gear and it's super reliable. I use it with Vista 32 without any problems. That's something that my Firestudio Tube couldn't handle at all. I actually owned two firepods at one point, then upgraded to a FS Tube, which was an absolute piece of sheet. It wouldn't work with my new cpu at all.......so I bought the RME unit and have been very happy with it. The sound that I get from it is definitely better....much more crisp. I also bought a Digimax D8 and I use the ADAT capability to record another 8 tracks with that. Overall I can now record 12 tracks at a time, and I still have 6 open analog inputs for further expansion with better preamps. The RME is definitely worth it, but you have to realize that you are trading a unit that records 8 tracks at once (firepod) for something that only has 4 mic pres, though they sound great. You'll have to get a couple of extra pres in order to utilize the RME's full potential unless you have several line level signals that you could send straight into the back of the Fireface.

It's worth it, but you have to be okay with spending a lot more money.

PM sent

Can you direct me to the link on the Presonus site for the Firepod drivers? Also what software will this work with. After a little research I've discovered it won't work with Protools.

As long as I can get (preferably free) software and working drivers for this I'll take it.

PM sent

Can you direct me to the link on the Presonus site for the Firepod drivers? Also what software will this work with. After a little research I've discovered it won't work with Protools.

As long as I can get (preferably free) software and working drivers for this I'll take it.

Only digidesign and m-audio hardware will work with protools!!!

It will work with almost anything else, and I think I may have a copy of Cubase laying around anyway. So again, I will take it as long as somebody can point me to the drivers for XP on the site. They don't list the Firepod at all.

Back