Finding the right vocal presets and effects to record myself with

I need help finding the right way to record myself, I mainly do hip-hop and R&B and I think I have a decent singing voice but I don't know the proper techniques to make it sound how I want it to.

Hey...welcome! We need a bit more to help you out. Tell us what equipment you are using (mic...tape....Audio Interface...DAW...whatever) and maybe some of the settings you use. We can take a look at them online and see what they can do and how to use them.

Also...and this is important....we need a sample of a recording you've made and what you like and don't like about it. It would also help for you to give us a sample or point to a sample of how you want to sound.

I'm guessing we can help you.

Mick

Use the 'pink noise' generator from an RTA. Contect it in paralllel. (Thats 3 'L' so's its special.) get a gate in front with a threshold to trigger.

Mix that with yer PA voice. Smush it all together in the limiter at the end of a preamp chain.

Screenshot 2023-05-03 142226.jpg

Hey Beak......got any more of that mary jane?
I got a plan to CHOKE the shit out of the whole world..My music ...kills people. Makes it so they cannot breathe..its that good.

Phasing...see if you phase the speakers incorrectly. You can suck the air out of it. Not use a woofer to push air, but suck it away from people.

Screenshot 2023-02-23 084412.jpg

Back