Finally made the plunge. New Sytek Owner.

taylorguitarman

After much hemming and hawing, I finally purchased a 4ch Sytek pre as an early b-day present. Got the 2 standard, 2 BB setup. I'm really excited to get it and might even have a small gig to try it out with next weekend. I'll be sure to do some clips when I get it and put them up on my website.

I guess it's better than a home-made pre, anyway.

Seriously, congrat's. I'm going to need to borrow it sometime along with a couple gems in your mic arsenal.

My preamp came this morning and I got a chance to play with it a little bit over lunch and I'm greatly pleased. This thing is way better than my DMP3. Very quiet and I can hear more clarity in the sound than before. I tried the standard and BB channels and they both seem very nice to me. The standard channels sounded a little bit more detailed to me. Definitely worth the money spent. I'm going to have a lot of fun this weekend.

taylorguitarman said:
My preamp came this morning and I got a chance to play with it a little bit over lunch and I'm greatly pleased. This thing is way better than my DMP3. Very quiet and I can hear more clarity in the sound than before. QUOTE]

Uh OH!! I have a DMP3. I can feel the G.A.S. pains starting.

A wise investment that will pay off for a long time down the road.

At 200 bucks per channel, it's one of the best deals in audio. You've got a professional piece of equipment there.

chessrock said:
A wise investment that will pay off for a long time down the road.

At 200 bucks per channel, it's one of the best deals in audio. You've got a professional piece of equipment there.

I second that!! I had the DMP3 before and it was great mic pre for your buck. I also had the VTB1 which i wasn't very please with. I then got the Avalon M5 which is a great mic pre but, it was too clean sounding for my rock band. I then got the RNP from all the hyped....it is an excellent mic pre but, the more I did test recording with it, the more it didn't impress me. I eventually let it go and took the plunge also and got the sytek. It sounded great! I love it and use it to record an entire with all instruments and vocals and I was very impressed by the results!!

I had a Sytek (BB/3-4) for a while and enjoyed it very much. I sold it because I want a 2-ch. John Hardy M1 instead... which arrives this Tuesday!

You've got a good pre-amp dude... enjoy it.
If you have trouble with headroom, get a pair of Shure A15S pads for mics for those high output mics/sources.

Back