Fade Out

DavidInHouston

I copied an audio region to the end of my track and repeated it a few times. When I try to fade out across the whole section the fade out
restarts each time the region repeats. How can I do a continuous fade out across these multiple repeating regions.

Surely, you pasted the same section 3 times. It would not be one section repeating.
Use the automation track, and just have a continuous slope, reducing over the 3 sections.
Perhaps you copied the automation track too?
If you did, you can delete intermediate points on that automation track.

In cubase there are lots of ways to do fade outs. The simplest way of course, is to just grab the top handle and pull it back to make the fade - but I suspect you may have a setting ticked in preferences - prefs/editing/audio - I'm not in front of it at the moment, but I'm sure there is a box there that sets if a copied clip is just referencing the same clip, or a new one. If you apply a fade or other controls to a shared, repeated clip, they'll all fade (or whatever) at the same point. The preferences option makes a copied section a new file, that works on it's own?

Speaking from a Reaper point of reference, there's an option to "Glue" the track, which eliminates the loop points, creating a single item allowing a normal fade. I think Cubase has a similar option for Gluing..?

Hi
if you use the scissors around 1 or 2 bars from the end Cut that area
highlight it & go to the top menu Audio drop down to processes & you can see the fade out option

subvibe

Back