EZD, Expansion vs Midi Tracks

wmalan

Upgraded to EZD2. I mainly do singer-songwriter with some pop/country/rock. Their soundcloud samples are limited. Thinking about Nashville or Songwriter1 to start with. Not sure if need new drum kits though. Which midi packs would achieve a country flavor? Still don't quite understand the differences...

Bill

for country feel their Nashville is the choice.

I like the Americana pack for singer/songwriter stuff. haven't tried the indie pack yet. not sure I will.

Midi Packs just give you different loops, not kits. I've got Nashville, and found it fairly limited, but haven't really messed with it since upping to EZD2.

Sorry, I didn't read the post clearly enough,I thought you were asking about the expansion packs. I don't know much about the midi packs.

The midi works across the board for the most part unless it's a pattern that utilizes a brush kit or something. I own quite a few libraries and midi packs (including the ones you mentioned)

The midi works across the board for the most part unless it's a pattern that utilizes a brush kit or something. I own quite a few libraries and midi packs (including the ones you mentioned)
The Latin kit (and its grooves) doesn't really line up in any meaningful way with any of the other kits, but I suppose that's to be expected. Twisted Kit doesn't always give the most predictable results either, though it's pretty close to standard. There may be some grooves which use alternate hits which aren't mapped the same between kits, but I think for the most part they are interchangeable. In fact, the core of most of the kits is pretty well compliant with GM drum mapping standards, so will play most basic MIDI drum parts without much trouble.

Think I'll take the plunge and try the Amercana pack. Have a Jackson Browne'sh sound I'm looking for...

The Latin kit (and its grooves) doesn't really line up in any meaningful way with any of the other kits, but I suppose that's to be expected. Twisted Kit doesn't always give the most predictable results either, though it's pretty close to standard. There may be some grooves which use alternate hits which aren't mapped the same between kits, but I think for the most part they are interchangeable. In fact, the core of most of the kits is pretty well compliant with GM drum mapping standards, so will play most basic MIDI drum parts without much trouble.

You will find this with all of those specialized kits, the electronic ones as well.

Just a follow up...

Ended picking up the Nashville EZX as I realized the added drum sounds were worth it for that country/folk flair. On top of that, I then realized after playing a bit more with EZD2 -the "Show Webshop Midi" tab. It lets you demo midi tracks before you buy within the song. Still learning to use Song Creator in lieu of dragging each midi group to the DAW. Might be the way to go for now.

I hadn't even seen that 'Show Webshop' thingie - does it let you audition the expansion packs and EZX's?

I haven't bothered with the song creator funciton at all. I usually end up modifying (via piano roll) the loops so much I can't see the need.

Back