External SB Extigy

Toki987 said:
well, which one did you buy? :confused:
What?
Which one?

I got a ( *binary fault dected at 001000101#0000011100#110001\\010 please close windows and restart).

Been diddling with it for the past hour, recorded a few tracks through sonar and even went outside and played my old slide for a while. The day was blistering hot and now has cooled down. It was nice out there.
Yes, very nice.
Thanks for asking.

I know for sure I wound my watch twice today...., but I can`t remember if I crapped or not....... yep things going pretty well, how bout chu?

I took my machine in, it's under a five year warranty, to get a new sound card.
The place I took it to has a pre-something-or-other kinda bench where they plug in your machine, while listening to the customer whinning, to see if it can be fixed there and sent back out or kept for days on end while some snot leaking kid plays game on the rig ,,,,
anyway, while he plugs in the computer, I wander over and don't find any of the three above mentioned cards that were recommended. But I do find some other card for a few hundred more than the one I have. A sales person comes over and as we are discussing the pros & cons of this new card I found, whose name I've already forgotten, I hear Macle doing Free.
So I wander over to the pre-s-o-o bench and the guy asks me what prog I use.
I tell him sonar.
He says he's heard of it but has never seen it.
I show him where it is and avert my attention back to the sales guy who has all but sold me on this mega memory, mega input, mega output, mega bucks sound card. As we are walking back up to his cash register, I hear 'Boston Rain' playing.

Of course anyone in this forum knows what that song is related to.

I tell the sales guy to wait a sec as I charge back to the pre-s-o-o bench.
This snot dripping kid as sonar running and found a mic someplace and was singing with it. In less than fifteen minutes.

He then went through a bunch of other things with me, had me listen to the track he sang on and told me that he'd show me what he did but he guessed I'd forget what it was he showed me before I got home.

The smart ass son-of-a-bitch.

No cost, no charge, and I was back home in about 50 minutes.

So this external sound box I couldn't configure through as easily as the SB Live internal card , is really a damn good card. It's just a bitch to configure, for me anyway.

I'm kinda imbarrassed to admit it, but I did.
Same card.

Oh, yeah, toki,
This are going great here. :)

It might be me, and the fact that its Friday and that I've removed a few too many braincells through over-drinking over the years I have been on this earth, but what card did you end up getting:confused: :)

Paul881 said:
It might be me, and the fact that its Friday and that I've removed a few too many braincells through over-drinking over the years I have been on this earth, but what card did you end up getting:confused: :)
I know the feeling, Paul881. 'xept I don't drink.
~ coughs ~
Anyway, I still have the external SB Extigy. The guy just went a bit deeper into the setting up the sound card with Sonar.

I honestly don't know what he did.
It's my first dealings with installing something on XP and I didn't know if I screwed up or it was the card.

The main reason I got it instead of something like a card with 8 ins & 14 outs is that I'm the only one here, doing any recording.
It has:
Line In,
Mic,
Phones,
Opt ical i/o
Digital out,
SPDIF in,
Midi in & out
and USB.

Since there is only me, this suits me fine, but someone else may find the i/o lacking.
I'm not recommending it, as of yet, cuz I only laid a few demo tracks, but they sounded as good as my Delta 66 with the breakout box in my 98 machine.
I'm just recording my songs for my kids and grandkids. Not looking for $s or to intice any lables.

I'm not recommending it, as of yet, cuz I only laid a few demo tracks, but they sounded as good as my Delta 66 with the breakout box in my 98 machine.

:eek: I wouldn't say that too many times around here or the sound police will be coming to take you away, never to be seen again;) :)

Thanks for the tip Paul.

The way I look at these over aged hall monitors is this.
IF they don't like what I say, they can go to hell. Tell me and I'll excuse myself from their life.

What part in particular do you thing would raise the fine hairs their backs, like premature hackles?

!. I'm not recommending it,
2. I only laid a few
3. demo tracks
4. they sounded as good as my Delta 66
5. they sounded as good as my Delta 66 with the breakout box
6. 98 machine

Let me know Paul, so I can irritate someone who needs it.

Back