Ever Have To Battle Bid Trolls On Buying Platforms?

You are Robin Hood! That was Sherwood Forest..
No, he was Little Red Riding Hood's old man.
The only way I see defeating a bid troll is to do a takeout bid!
Thing is, I have never known when a troll is bidding. If I'm in a bid, I just see everyone else as competition to be taken out !
The only problem with that is that if one is up against a troll,
iu

in the spirit of competition, one might end up paying more for an item than one wanted. And the troll scuttles off, chuckling that irritating, yet compelling chuckle that genuine trolls from Norway have bequeathed to the world....

P4190362.JPG

I used to rather like trolls when I was about 5.
Then I came across some real online ones and the camaraderie died quickly.

E-bay is my online auction place and I don't use it all that much anymore. When I do I decide prior to bidding exactly the maximum amount I am willing to pay and ignore the auction from thereon. It's like playing poker and I don't just show my hand early during the days prior to the end of auction. I place my bids through a service that places the bid 10 seconds before the end of the auction.
I use a website called "auction stealer" where I have had a free account for at least 20 years. I log in, set it up to place my bid of the max I am willing to pay and @ 10 seconds before the end of the auction it places my bid for me. I have won many auctions and lost many this way but it takes all the emotion and panic bidding that sometimes come with remorse out of the equation. If I say the most I am willing to pay is $10 and the last bid at end of auction is $5, the service does bid the $10 but in actuality it only goes @5% above the current bid. Just like in normal e-bay. The difference is if I bid the $10 say 3 days before the end of auction, if someone really wants the item they just keep adding more to their bid until they are 5% above my $10 bid and now they have exceeded the most I am willing to pay. With this my bid doesn't show up until10 seconds before the auction ends and so they don't have much of a chance of out bidding me unless they already bid higher than $10 and then I lose the auction.

Back