Essentials for home recording

Can anyone give me suggestions for a descent midi controller for around $100. I purchased the Acorn Masterkey 49 today and played with it for about 15 minutes. Seems good. I find the keys spongey. Is there a way to change the sensitivity of the keys within Logic ? To me they weren't sensitive enough for me. I found a Korg Nanokey and nano pad at the store and also a AKAI MK2 Mini.

Do the keys feel mechanically spongey, or is the velocity curve set to a weird curve? Check the manual to see how to set the velocity curve on your keyboard. There's probably a way to do this on the keyboard itself, or in its driver software. I'm trying to download the manual from acorn's website, but its downloading at about 1 kilobyte per milinneum. I should have the whole manual by the end of this epoch.

With the nanokey I had years ago (my true first midi controller) the keys were on/off switches, no velocity curve and no touch sensitivity. Not sure if they've improved the product since. It was very low budget stuff.

You may just need to get used to the response of the keys.

Can anyone give me suggestions for a descent midi controller for around $100. I purchased the Acorn Masterkey 49 today and played with it for about 15 minutes. Seems good. I find the keys spongey. Is there a way to change the sensitivity of the keys within Logic ? To me they weren't sensitive enough for me. I found a Korg Nanokey and nano pad at the store and also a AKAI MK2 Mini.

With a budget of $100 I would go the used route. There are some really killer deals out there. I got TWO AKAI MK2 Mini's for $85 last month.

Back