Eric Burdon/Animals - When I was Young

EL34

Clown car chauffeur
Hi all,
Here's a tune from one of my all time fav 60's bands
Eric Burdon & The Animals - When I was Young

Have not been recording much at all for a while, had to do something to keep from getting rusty.

I break out the vocal pipes on this one. :laugh:
Here's mix #1 - How's the mix sound on your end?

If you prefer, you can play it on this page without downloading it.
It's the first song at the top of the page.
http://www.el34world.com/Misc/Music/music1.htm

Or you can download the .mp3 here.

Pretty cool man! The song is well recorded, but the mix is a bit off. I'd say boost the snare. The vocals kind of jump around in volume, so I advise you automate it. The bass could use some compression on the low end. Use a multiband compressor to compress the 200hz range.

One of my favourite 60s tracks is the animals "its my life"

My internet pc is only equiped with logitechs so bear this in mind...but id say the vocals could do with a bit of compression...the snare is too far back and turn the overheads down as they cymbals sound very washy...it may be the mp3 compression but they sound like theyre at 96kbps or something???

good performance and cool tune though :)

Just discovered the forum mp3 tags

Press play on the player below

[MP3]http://www.el34world.com/Misc/Music/files/WhenIWasYoung.mp3[/MP3]

The reverb is a bit mixed here with the vocals sounding in a different space than the guitars and drums. I'd put MORE reverb hahaha as I am a reverb junkie. Great performance as always so I'm nit pickin' my preferences again ( bad bad bad.... ) :D:D:D:D

Love this song. The Ramones did a version of it on their Acid Eaters album.

The drums are pretty harsh. Predominantly the hats bashing away in my face. The drums seem very centered and have no stereo presence. It's like everything else has it's space, and then there's the entire kit crammed into this tiny little spot just left of center. The vocals are a little dull. They're performed well enough, they just don't sparkle or shine in the mix. No air. Other than that, I like it. Cool song to pick.

Thanks for the comments guys
I did this one fairly quickly
Have to go back and put some polish on it

see ya

Back