Epic intros

Well, as epic as "Funeral For a Friend" is, it's not really an "intro". It's an actual complete song. If it didn't have its own title, then it would be the intro for "Love Lies Bleeding". But it does.

I know...I'm nit-picking. But I'm right......I think....Maybe not. Who the hell knows. :)

Well, as epic as "Funeral For a Friend" is, it's not really an "intro". It's an actual complete song. If it didn't have its own title, then it would be the intro for "Love Lies Bleeding". But it does.

I know...I'm nit-picking. But I'm right......I think....Maybe not. Who the hell knows. :)
It was so epic as an intro they had to give it a name :D

I am in agreement with you, but I also agree that it sounds like an epic intro.

I'm not going to post any because I'm not committing to that they were "epic", but I've long thought it kind of interesting from a songwriting or production angle, ymmv, wondered whose idea it was his or the producer('s). Rod Stewart, quite a few of his tunes/recordings open with a somewhat or altogether unrelated intro. Every Picture Tells A Story, You're In My Heart, there are more that escape me at the moment. Oh what the heck, this one.

Maybe it's breaking the rules if the intro has an independent name?

Long Time(& Foreplay), Boston. Pretty epic song in itself, has it all as far as Boston goes. Have to admit back in the day skipped the "intro" on occasion, but pretty damn epic, as a package. Beato has a breakdown if anyone is of interest (well of course he does). Epic, epic(!) "home recording".

Long Time(& Foreplay), Boston. Pretty epic song in itself, has it all as far as Boston goes. Have to admit back in the day skipped the "intro" on occasion, but pretty damn epic, as a package. Beato has a breakdown if anyone is of interest (well of course he does). Epic, epic(!) "home recording".

Hell yeah! Counts for me!

I remember when I first bought that album and put it on my turntable. Mind blown!

Foreplay was always an intro in many different ways. :)

Back