Enhancer reccomendations

Kevin DeSchwazi said:
I don't know anyone on this board but I've learnt a lot and I suspect there are a lot of people who work in the industry and know their stuff. Some of these people don't like enhancers you (and some people at Abbey Road) do.

So what? Burn some josticks or something.

Well, Mr Junior member, you certainly have taken up the bullshit argument techniques of a few fucksticks here on this BBS.

First, you say I am full of shit, then when confronted with seriously reputable sources of REAL pros who use this type of equipment, you do a 180 and say "So what?'

You belong here with a number of these nitwits to listen to their "Great" advice. Go to some of their websites and download some of their golden wisdom.

One guy's recordings sound like "ass". Seriously bad recordings. He really needs an enhancer. Listen very carefully to his advice. Then you can sound like him too.

acorec said:
Well, Mr Junior member, you certainly have taken up the bullshit argument techniques of a few fucksticks here on this BBS.

First, you say I am full of shit, then when confronted with seriously reputable sources of REAL pros who use this type of equipment, you do a 180 and say "So what?'

You belong here with a number of these nitwits to listen to their "Great" advice. Go to some of their websites and download some of their golden wisdom.

One guy's recordings sound like "ass". Seriously bad recordings. He really needs an enhancer. Listen very carefully to his advice. Then you can sound like him too.

I didn't say you were full of shit I asked if it was you or the people you were disagreeing with who were full of shit. I was illustrating the difficulty of trying to learn things when people have such opposing (and strongly held) views.

Having said that you are full of shit. You might know some things but you haven't got a particularly nice manner and you think you're better than me (and everyone else for that matter) because you know about recording audio.

Kevin,

I wouldn't even bother.

Most of Acorec's posts are about as useful as a man's nipple.

He can go on and on spouting off nonsense about Abbey Road, insulting other members on this board, etc. etc.

Some people on this board are younger guys, so yea, take their advice with a little bit of a grain. But some of the other guys are just old, washed-up, retired wannabe former designers/electric engineers that never really amounted to anything in the first place. So they come here to spew a bunch of nonsense -- probably because they get kicked off the buss (or the street corner) every time they try to do it there.

Talk about the blind desperately trying to lead the blind.

Hey guys, I wanted to chime in here briefly. Checked out the Aphex Acoustic Xciter at GC today, and I was quite impressed. I don't know if I would want to use it on a track if I was mic'ing instead of running direct. The problem for me living in NYC is it can be quite loud so I don't really get much time to record my acoustic using mic's. So, today when I turned the xciter on and set the settings to the aphex recommended settings, it really made a nice difference in the sound. So, I guess for those that have a Maximizer or Enhancer and it works for you, who cares what anyone else thinks. And for those that have em and don't like them, I can see them serving as great paper weights or just sell em on ebay. To each his own.....

Jeff

enhance: To increase or improve in value, quality, desirability or attractiveness........
Hmmm,,,,, Kind of a double edged sword here,. Its the "improve" part that bothers me. The only time you'd want to improve apon something is if it wasnt done correctly in the first place. So, on this occasion Ill have to side with chess. I believe the music should come from the heart and soul, not some electrical gizmo. But, Im a purist so dont get me wrong, Im sure theres a use for one somewhere.

I agree completely, as I am a purist as well, but I would look at the impact this thing makes on my acoustic tracks the same as using reverbs, delays, chorus, ect...... I really try to keep my recordings striped down, but I must say that to day I noticed a huge sound difference with that pedal. I played a few of my songs using it and it did sound better than just the guitar running into an amp. No matter what our music sounds like processed or not, if it sounds like crap it sounds like crap. It just sounds like beautiful crap processed right? So, no matter what I benefits some bothers others. No matter what we have to judge it like all other things for ourselves. I think everyone here has made good points.

Cheers!

Jeff

Last edited:
chessrock said:

Talk about the blind desperately trying to lead the blind.

He, he, sounds about right.

I'm just looking forward to the day when I can make out bright light sources and who knows, maybe some day vague shapes!?

Wow...

Well guys Ive been away a bit and didn't realise this post had taken off to a debate on enhancers. By the way, im well over my enhancer 'period' now, im learning to track properl and use EQ to boost highs and lows.

But, I don't think enhancers are necasary bad things, just not a favoured ways of doing it. For the begginner, it could be a means to an end. If a song sounds great after enhancement then so what - like i said - a means to an end. If it adds to the finished product then so be it - its the producers discretion what he wants to use.

But anyway - are electric toothbrushs really a must for people who already know how to clean thier teeth??

Re: Wow...

Benreturns said:
But anyway - are electric toothbrushs really a must for people who already know how to clean thier teeth??
It depends on how clean you want your teeth... my sonic toothbrush is one of my must have idems. ;)

Ya cant beat the good ol' wire brush and give it some elbow grease til ya gums are bleedin' - Ah say a' BLEEDING boy!

Back