Electro Voice 1750 Condenser Microphone.

Dad Roadie

I recently purchased one of these units to use with my Boss studio. (see attachment) Got it off EBAY . The seller didn't know if it worked and of course it did not. Found out that one of the wires (green one) had broken off from the small circuit board just behind the mic cartridge. The mic is an electric condenser that runs off a AA battery (kind of like a Shure BG4.1.Got a Engineer guide from EV but the schematic isn't to much help. I believe I got it back in the correct spot but the unit even though it now works doesn't have a lot of volume. I know its 150 ohms unbalanced low impedance but it is no comparison to the Shure BG4.1 that I also use..
I have two questions that I hope the forum may be able to help with.
1# does anyone have one of these microphones to look at the circuit board to see where the green ,red and white wire are attached? I can supply a photo of mine if necessary.

2# has anyone used one of these before? I record a lot of different percussion instruments for clinics that I give at our local schools to get kids involved with music and recording. Is this mic a dud for this ? I have not seen one of these listed before and bought it a lot on EV quality.
Any help or suggestions for recommendations are most welcome.
Thanks in Advance and All the Best!
Dad Roadie

thanks for the reply!

Hi Mark,
Attached you will find a picture of where I got the wires soldered back to . As a reference the white wire solder pad is now connected to the pad that also has the negative side of the electrolytic cap .The Red wire is connected to the pad that goes to the side connection of the transistor. The center lead of the transistor runs up to the red lead of the mic element The Green wire is connected to a pad that has a regular disk cap(not the electrolytic) one side of both resistors and then runs up to the green wire connected to the mic element. I believe the wires are correct.
Do you have one of these microphones? I'm really hoping to find someone that would be able to give me some inside scoop on it. The engineering documents makes it sound like the mic will have plenty of gain, even in a high impedance input.It now works but it doesn't have this gain. I think it probably has to do with the 150 ohm output. I'm a newbie to this unbalanced low single hot and ground application. All the microphones I currently use are either high or low balanced . Thanks again to you and anyone that may have some information on this unit.
All the Best!
Dad Roadie

Hi Mark,
I have a Boss CD900 CD unit. I'm plugging it into the 1/4" balanced TRS Mic jack.The jack has a input impedance listed as 1.0k ohm (hot-gnd,cold-gnd) from the manual. I really hope I can find someone who has this mic or has used it. Thanks for letting me know about the wiring.
All the Best!
(Dad Roadie) Steve

Thanks Mark,
It could be that is the problem. The TRS mic input does not have Phantom Power to it. It has to be turned on in the program and is only available on the Cannon input.
I'm really hoping some one has one of these microphones.I could really use some "hands on" use of this microphone.
Thanks again you are helping a lot with this and it is appreciated!
All the Best!
(dadroadie) Steve

has anyone used one of these?

To All,
Has anyone used one of these microphones for recording? Just trying to get some ideals. I know they are hard to find but I don't know if it's because they are really good and no one sells them or they were really bad and no one bought them! I believe that EV also made these for Kustom Electronics in Kansas. (The Amp people)
All the Best!
Dad Roadie

Back