Echo Mia monitoring question.........

notreally

Where do I adjust the volume level for monitoring in the Mia? I'm doing some recording and I want to remove the amp sound from my monitors (I can hear the amp by itself just fine ;) ). I basically don't want what I'm recording to be heard through the monitors.

I used to just click the little speaker in my taskbar and turn down the line level under the listening (or whatever it was called) and I would no longer hear what was being recorded through the monitors. Now I can't check the box for the listening tab unless I select a virtual output (whatever that is).

Thanks for your help.

EDIT: I should probably mention that I run the Mia outputs to a Yamaha MG10/2 mixer.

How can I make this all work?

Last edited:
Is the MIA the only sound card? If you have an onboard card, make sure that the MIA is the default card, make sure everything in the Echo Console is unmuted (Digital AND analog controls).

Also, dig in and have windows NOT map through the card.

If that doesn't work, the Echo guys are great on the phone...

John -

Massive Master said:
Is the MIA the only sound card? If you have an onboard card, make sure that the MIA is the default card, make sure everything in the Echo Console is unmuted (Digital AND analog controls).

Also, dig in and have windows NOT map through the card.

If that doesn't work, the Echo guys are great on the phone...

John -

Yea, the Mia is the only card in the computer. What do you mean: "have windows not map through the card?"

Just got done doing some messing around. I'm using Sonar 3.

None of the controls in the console do anything. I see an input signal for the channel I'm recording on in Sonar. I put every fader down in the Mia console, but I still have signal.

I can't seem to figure out how or where to adjust input level and output level.

WTF.

Back