Early Mix, looking for crits and a bass track.

Sounds like a very promising groovy tune.
What are you gonna add, besides bass?
Nice guitar playing.

Joey :):):):)

Well done. Guitars are solid and the drums have a good laid back thing going. seems as though you have kick off to one side and snare to another ? Doesn't sound bad, but a bit odd. I kept wanting them to take off a bit on some of the more percussive parts of the arrangement, but the laid back thing works too I guess. Vocals are cool...higher register parts are well done. :)

Sounds like a very promising groovy tune.
What are you gonna add, besides bass?
Nice guitar playing.

Joey :):):):)

Thanks! Not sure what else i'm gonna add... any ideas? I played around a bit with a slide guitar but can't quite get to a point where i'm happy with it.

Well done. Guitars are solid and the drums have a good laid back thing going. seems as though you have kick off to one side and snare to another ? Doesn't sound bad, but a bit odd. I kept wanting them to take off a bit on some of the more percussive parts of the arrangement, but the laid back thing works too I guess. Vocals are cool...higher register parts are well done. :)

Thanks heatmiser! The drums at this point are just there for recording purposes. I still need to go back and do an actual drum track, but yes they are panned slightly, good ear :).

kind of experimenting with the high vocals glad you liked it. not sure if i should end it there or try and bring it back to the verse or the chorus... not sure either would work. Thanks for listening and for the input! :)

Cool song.

At first I thought the vocals sounded a little weird with the multi-tracking, but as instruments came in, it grew on me. On a second listen, that first line with the multiple vocals sounds pretty cool.

Anyway, yeah, a bass line would be cool to hear on this.

This is that "Relax and enjoy" type of song I love.

I personally loved the multi track vocal,
Gave it a bit more personality to it I guess.

I usually can tell within 10 seconds if I'll like a song,
And regardless of knowing I did like it, I still listened to it multiple times! haha

Great work!

Cool song.

At first I thought the vocals sounded a little weird with the multi-tracking, but as instruments came in, it grew on me. On a second listen, that first line with the multiple vocals sounds pretty cool.

Anyway, yeah, a bass line would be cool to hear on this.

Thanks for the comment and for listening. :)

This is that "Relax and enjoy" type of song I love.

I personally loved the multi track vocal,
Gave it a bit more personality to it I guess.

I usually can tell within 10 seconds if I'll like a song,
And regardless of knowing I did like it, I still listened to it multiple times! haha

Great work!

Glad you liked the multi track vocal, thx!

Hi all,

The title says it all. Thanks for listening and providing any input, good or bad. :)

Cheers!

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8450125

I'm not a fan of the delay sort of thing on the vox, especially since it's an acoustic bed, more organic might serve it better. Nice tune though, the harmonies are lovely. If you'd be kind enough to post something with a click intro and give me the changes (I can transcribe it, but I'd rather see what your plans were), I'd be happy to drop you a bass part...

Last edited:
This is my 1st time reviewing so take with a grain of salt. Your voice is awesome. At first I felt like I was listening to a Beatles (Paul McCartney) song. Uplifting in a peaceful way. But the melody of the vox by themselves sound like something you'd hear from Radiohead. Nice blend.

The guitar sounds great. I've never recorded acoustic before but that's what I'd like them to sound like.

Lyrics are clever and perfect for the style.

I'd consider a little more low end on the snare to fill it out. It could add some umph to the song w/o changing the the laid back feel.

A crazier thought would be to add some background female vox to add in some different or modified melody lines later on as the song progresses. The initial melody is nice but doesn't progress until the last part, so having some female vox around 2/3 to 3/4 of the way through could change things up and add a nice subtle build. It's also like adding in another natural sounding instrument, since anything electric would change the essence.

Kerrio

I'm not a fan of the delay sort of thing on the vox, especially since it's an acoustic bed, more organic might serve it better. Nice tune though, the harmonies are lovely. If you'd be kind enough to post something with a click intro and give me the changes (I can transcribe it, but I'd rather see what your plans were), I'd be happy to drop you a bass part...

Thanks for the input... I'll see about getting you a version with a lead in. :)

This is my 1st time reviewing so take with a grain of salt. Your voice is awesome. At first I felt like I was listening to a Beatles (Paul McCartney) song. Uplifting in a peaceful way. But the melody of the vox by themselves sound like something you'd hear from Radiohead. Nice blend.

The guitar sounds great. I've never recorded acoustic before but that's what I'd like them to sound like.

Lyrics are clever and perfect for the style.

I'd consider a little more low end on the snare to fill it out. It could add some umph to the song w/o changing the the laid back feel.

A crazier thought would be to add some background female vox to add in some different or modified melody lines later on as the song progresses. The initial melody is nice but doesn't progress until the last part, so having some female vox around 2/3 to 3/4 of the way through could change things up and add a nice subtle build. It's also like adding in another natural sounding instrument, since anything electric would change the essence.

Kerrio

Thanks for listening Kerrio. I appreciate the feedback. I'm thinking about getting my girlfriend to do some backing vocals. If i get any decent results i'll repost. :)

Back