early 80's tascam outboard gear, power supplies, service manuals

kenh

Hello, same n00b here.

Working on a nostalgia project -- building some workflows using some older outboard gear.

I have done ITB tracking in a past life (digi003/PT 7LE i believe!), but i just feel i don't have a good grasp on the basics. So that is kind of the goal behind this also.

i have been using the MX80 + PE40, which i like because they have knobs and it is a 4 band EQ.
Of course the part i don't like is the -10db standard, but that is what it is, and i am dealing with it.

My first issue is that the PE40 is from Japan (they are not that common), so it has a 100V power supply. Yes, i am using a step down, but would like to get rid of this.

I have several other tascam units from the same era, and i am hoping/assuming i can pull a US power supply out of other unit of this series, and put it in the PE40.
So i have an MH unit that is their headphone unit, which is not particularly useful for anyone these days (2 full rack spaces for 4 headphone outs!!) -- so that would be the donor power supply.

I haven't open the units up yet, but hoping someone can confirm my assumptions above.

In the user manuals, i do see reference to a general export model with switchable power supply, but i don't think i have seen one of these units in reality, they are either 100 or 120. I haven't even seen 240, but i'm sure they exist.

Or, the larger request, if someone does have the service manuals for these units, to confirm that above, i would really appreciate it. Or any other tips in using this gear. Thank you!

K

Back