Eagles Cover

dachay2tnr

One Hit Wonder
Fresh meat, men (and ladies?)!

This is our version of the song Somebody, from the Eagles' Long Road Out of Eden album. Just got finished tracking it yesterday, so I'm looking for any feedback relative to the mix, or any other observations. TIA.

Edit: Based on feedback here and from other sources, I'm posting what I'm calling a final mix for now. Thanks for everyone's input.

Attachments

• Somebody 6-23.mp3
    7.8 MB
Last edited:
I like it - especially the drum sound, but the tuning on the two electric guitars, especially the one playing the low part really jangled my teeth. It couldn't make it's mind up if it the minor 3rd C or the Major one, Csharp - and sort of stopped half way!

Thanks for listening, and for the feedback. I’m not hearing what you guys are hearing in the guitars. But I’ll isolate them and give it another listen next time I’m in my studio.

That intro has the open strings, and the minor third that's fretted a semi-tone down and bent up - the string pitch isn't quite right. Those low pedal notes need to be dead accurate, and then in the original, that minor 3rd is very precisely played.
This bit.

Attachments

• eaglesintro.mp3
    390.5 KB
You have better ears than me, my friend. :) But then, that's why we come here, right?

Try this one on for size and see if it's any better.

The opening guitar doesn't work. Replace it. The rest is fine. But you even bring that opening guitar in at reduced volume @ 3.26. Why did you do that?

In fairness, if you youtube this song - it's damn hard - and lots of the videos are just wrong. Without a baritone guitar, it's always going to be different. It is, however, a cracking song.

Back