**D's Blues**

Dan,
I added some keys and was thinking about posting but haven't figured out how to put anything up on nowhere yet. Just a "newbie.":o If I get it worked out soon here, I could throw it up there. That is if you don't mind the intruding on this one rather than the E Flat Boogie tune? Thanks man. Lovin the blues!:D

Last edited:
On the Keys

I wouldn't have picked that sound to add. The attack on the notes is a little hard for the background you are adding. Have you played much live at jams etc? It wasn't bad, just a little stiff.

sloop,
I haven't played live for 14 years or so and never live jams, except when we ran out of material a few times.:D I've never considered myself much of a keyboard player but picked it up again a few years ago when I discovered how cheap and GOOD recording gear had become. Just having fun here mostly and thought it sounded good enough as filler. The best thing a musician can do to improve is practice practice practice. Having fun with it while improving my vocal, playing and writing skills is what it's about for me these days. As far as the stiffness, I had the most trouble near the end where all the single notes are happening. I'm playing with the filter knobs on the keyboard and they weren't cooperating with my "vision" there. Lack of experience! I did like some of the stuff in other areas on this take so that's why I chose it. Heck, I may will always sound a little on the stiff side. Could be my personality shining through, or perhaps age.:D Thanks for your comments!

Yer a monster :)

Killer playing.

Could have had a warmer kick/bass and a bit of ambience on something other than the lead. All in all everything but the cybal crash at the end worked for me.

edit: I listened to the first mix

Deeeeeeeee;

Great Bloooooooooooze Jam Bro! Excellent Clean Guit sound! Love it.

We gonna have to do a Collab one of deez dayz, Dooode! You and you lean n clean and me with ma dirty Hbuckers... :cool:

There aint a drink that can put the medicine n you jus right like some good real blues can. Love it Dude!

Qwerty Many Uber thanks to you Qwerty!
studioviols Glad you like the SV version:D
sloop I am working on a louder kick, I agree there aint much left.
guitarjesus I've come to the cocclusion that it is not important. I would sound the same no matter what I played.
Zikes You need to do MORE jamming because it's very important to a musicians development, IMO.
Doug H I thank you for the kind words.
Axe4Yahweh You record a scratch blues and I'll do my part brother :)
Toki987 At least I didn't drive YOU to drink:D
lumbago OOps, looks like I did drive you though:D

Real smooth Hevy.

Sweet tone, enough bite for the punch, but mellow when needed.
Your chops are admirable!

Can't add any mix ideas other than I agree with taming the high hat a bit.

Nice!

jcmm

Hevy - great tune, great playing. What *is* it about blues that is so satisfying?

The mix: through headphones, there's this problem - the rhythm guitar is really close up, and the soloing guitar's got way more verb on it and sounds like the guitarist's standing 15 feet back from the band. Two fixes: turn down the rhythm guitar (what a pity that would be - it's got a delicious sound). Or put less verb on that soloing.

What do you think?

Now I'll go through the thread and find that ten people have said exactly the same thing I have... LOL

Back