**D's Blues**

I thought it could use some reverb / vibe thing. Sounds too clean almost. Great guitar work. I only heard 1 missed bass note at 1:23.

The cymbal at the end hurt my ears.

Great blues jam, I was tappin my toes!

Shades of Roy B.!

I'm feelin' better - dat's fo sho!
Smooooooth as a baby's behind! Nice bass playin' too!!
At 2:17 forward it's very Buchanan-esque - and I don't think there's a better compliment one could pay to a genuine blooze-meister. For my tastes (with headphones) the drums were laid perfectly - they just played the rhythm and didn't attract undue attention to themselves. Crash decays were nice and long.
Just another one of Hevy's lessons in blooozeology!!
Diggin it!! Keeper file!! won't somebody buy me a drink?!?
Excellent product, Dan!!
~Milan

Oh yeah...!

Yep, I hear a little of Roy B. in parts. Also a little Ronnie Earl, but mostly lots of HEVY.

Nice playing, man.

Chris

Even if I hadn't known it was you that originated this post....I'm
sure I would've known it was you playing...Hevy does it again!!!

I thought the Drums were excellent also....No comment necessary for the picking. Excellently mixed....Drums, rhythm and bass all
have there own place in the mix and still leave plenty of room for the lead to stay just the right distance up front.

Pretty soon you're going to have to unveil your secrets. Your recording and mixing technique seem to be becoming effortless to you.

DustyJack

Great playing Hevy, nice tone on that lead. Some really sweet sounding blues, see you at the roadhouse man!

Real good playing. Good guitar sounds.

I think it's just my cheap headphones, but I'm hearing some low lever noise on the left side. As I said, I don't think it's the music, it's headphones.

Cool.

Hey Hevy,
niiiiiiiiiice man. GREAT solo here, i enjoyed alot. I really liked the verb setting on the lead. What amp are you using? There is the slightest kind of "practice amp" high end to it (or the speaker) that i wish werent there but its definitely no big deal. Nice bluesy jam man, ...Crawdad would dig this.
gw/5

Hevy - the blues machine! Nice work once again. Enjoyed it for sure. You are crankin them out! Nice playing and sounds.

I thought the mix sounded good. I might bring down the hi-hat a little. Seemed to draw a little more attention than I would like, but probably just preference.

Nice one.

Really good, rich sound on the lead, while maintaining that high 'peeYinK' articulation.
Might use a touch more delay on the gitter.
Bring the second guitar in closer to center from it's current left position, and take it down 2db, this lead guitar playing is simply primo.

Push the bass out left ... IMHO, and take it down low in volume.

I feel like the secondary guitar on left and the lead are competing.

I might even ... lower the drum brass a tiny bit, and push it closer to the left.

The lead is perfectly placed.

This is good, good, good stuff !

You ain't gettin' any better ... you gettin' much, much, much mo' bettah ! :D

Sounds great! Made my afternoon!

I wish I could play like that
I wish I could record like that
I wish I could mix like that
I wish I could "master" like that....

Do you get that I liked this a lot?!

:) Q. :)

Studio V's mix

Charva You are SO right bout that bass note.
I'll leave it in for the humour factor though.:D
MC Gitarz -I worry sometimes that these bluesy tunes are turning the bbs into drunks.
That was probably the case before I showed up though:)
SLuiCe -Thanks man!
Ismellelephant- But I miss the Via Wannabe :)
groucho -You named 2 of my alltime favourites, but whose Ronnie Earl?:D
Zikes-Jam on brother!
DustyJack-If I told you how I mastered you'd die laughing :)
Khompewtur -You'll have to give me the address for that roadhouse again man!!!
TripleM -Hope ya get new headphones soon man:)
Guernica -I use a Marshall Valvestate solid state amp.
skids -It's finally sinkin in that I got to mix drums lower.
I like the hi-hat sound, but I know I mix it a little loud sometimes.
SHEPPARDB -Feeling a little better and starting to get restless now. The doc says I'm still sidelined from work though.
Oh well, just have to record more I guess:D
studioviols -I put up a new mix just for you. I think it sounds better, but YOU tell me:)
Qwerty -I think I got it now Q:D

Just listening to v2....

Might just be my ears, but the drums sound in front of the bass... I sorta would like a little more room verb on them to push back a wee tad....

And that last cymbal crash still seems to explode a little distorted.

Uber-cool, nonetheless.

Q.

What I hear in the second mix.

I hear the lead guitar close to center now, maybe 4% right pan ?
I don't think the hat has changed it's location, it still seems to be panned right about 21%.
And I like this ! :D
A tune with a lead guitar so prevelant, usually the lead guitar would move center stage physically,
at least in Baton Rouge !
Man ... that shit in center sounds excellent, the guitarist sounds much more 'jamming with' the hat.
As the hat is the primary rythm element, having it off right by itself is very, very justifiable.
I want a little more drum, a little more snare, just a tiny bit more, maybe I want less mid on the snare, more high for a bit more snap in the snare.

The guitar sounds a bit fuller, but I think you have just brought the volume up. Maybe you added a tiny bit more verb ?
Sounds great.

Now that the lead guitar is center, and louder, it is much more dominant that the secondary guitar that is stereo left, there are no challenges from the secondary, rythm guitar.

So you moved the bass closer to center ? That's how it sounds in the headphones, and I just put them on.
Just to make sure my canAcadian friend isn't pulling a fast one on this blond haired faux frenchie way down da bayou cheraMiO ! :D

On my nice jambox it sounds as those little has changed with the bass and secondary, or rythm guitar, i guess we'd call that a 'vamping' guitar.

Whatever the hell ya did, ya done cool brutha yeah !

I'm flattered you made me my very own widdle mix ... and ...

IT'S A KEEPER !

Hell, I gotz two fer one here ! TWO KEEPERS !

I like this mix just a little bit better.

Ok, play dem blues

Nice picking. I don't hear much kick drum. Man I would love to hear a B3 in there just cruising in behind the lead.

Nicely played

Back