Drum Machine Alesis SR-16! I want to use it live and in home recording. Help me!

Soul-Man

Hi,
I'm an Italian guitarist and singer.
In Italy nobody answer me!:cursing:
I bought this drum machine and now I want to use it...
1)Can I connect it to the mixer to play live? I have a 6 channels Yamaha mixer.
2)I'd like to use it in drum recording with Ableton Live,but I don't know where I can connect it. To the USB AUDIO INTERFACE? To the PC?
Thank you so much!:guitar:

Hi,

Have you tried to hook it up with your mixer? Use the line out of the SR16 to a spare channel on the mixer.
Bob is your unkle.

Hi there.
For live work, yes, just connect the outputs of the SR-16 to the desk - preferebly via a DI box for each channel to convert the unbalanced signal to a balanced signal.

For studio work, I would recommend not only connecting the audio outputs of the SR-16 to your audio interface for recording the drum sounds, but also connecting the MIDI IN/OUTs to a MIDI interface so that you can sync the SR-16 to your software's MIDI clock so that when recording or playing back the drum patterns everything will stay in time.

Dags

When these items are made a lot of time is put into writing an instruction manual, get one and read it, there will be an italian version out there.

Alan.

Hi there.
For live work, yes, just connect the outputs of the SR-16 to the desk - preferebly via a DI box for each channel to convert the unbalanced signal to a balanced signal.

For studio work, I would recommend not only connecting the audio outputs of the SR-16 to your audio interface for recording the drum sounds, but also connecting the MIDI IN/OUTs to a MIDI interface so that you can sync the SR-16 to your software's MIDI clock so that when recording or playing back the drum patterns everything will stay in time.

Dags

For live work I hope I have understood.
For studio must I connect Drum Machine audio outputs to my interface EDIROL UA-4FX?
Then connect midi output to my pc?
Paolo

For the MIDI connection, Going from your Drum machine, your MIDI out to USB Interface MIDI IN.
Drum Machine to USB Interface, MIDI In to USB MIDI out

You will only hear the sounds of the drum machine if the analog out is hooked up to the mixer.

For the MIDI connection, Going from your Drum machine, your MIDI out to USB Interface MIDI IN.
Drum Machine to USB Interface, MIDI In to USB MIDI out

You will only hear the sounds of the drum machine if the analog out is hooked up to the mixer.

I'll try to do what you say.
My Alesis Drum Machine is just arrived!:eek:
Cross your fingers for me,brothers!:D

Back