Dp-02 vs DP-03

gregoman

Well I have decided on the Tascam Dp-02 rather than the DP-03. I Like the bigger unit . They are basically thge same except the DP-03 can use SD cards. And some other subtle differances.
*** Can't I just put the tracks on to a usb flash drive then load them into the computer ?
And import into cubase or reaper?

if im not mistaken they work the same as a dp01 and you simply take and hook the unit right up to the computer and transfer files. i do this all the time with my 01 it takes a bit longer but the recording process on the 01 is more simple with 0 latency which is why i do it. my computer is old and has way to much latency when trying to record direct to it. so i just get my recording done on the 01 and tranfer files to mix and edit on the computer

There was a DP-02CF version that used the CF cards. I have one and haven't had any problems out of it.

In order to transfer files to the computer, you will have to use the USB as One Guy said above. Once you export your tracks in the DP-02, you can connect the USB cable up, select "Yes" on the DP-02 screen, and then navigate to the "wav" file from the computer and copy your tracks from there.

Back