*Download* VST Plugins

Phoenix5891

The goals were simple - make a series of VST plugins that works, feels, looks and most importantly sounds as good as a professional hardware unit. Also, keep it simple and easy to operate. In fact, anyone who knows their way around the hardware units should be able to understand and operate these plugins, without a manual. All plugins in the "Classic Series" will be free downloads on this site as soon as they are released. Don't be fooled by the fact that they are free - they are high quality. Plugins like these normally costs a bundle.

http://www.kjaerhusaudio.com/classic-series.php

SIR rocks for reverb.

I also like the some of the kjaerhus classic series, and use blockfish on some things also.

it's not as complete i don't believe, and i haven't tried SIR--i am downloading it now to our machine.

but i do love the freeness of the two--

btw--use the "insert" presets for a more natural, hardware sound with freeverb.

:/ The Kjaerhus plugins appear to by Windows only. Which is too bad, there aren't many good free plugins for Mac. I'm not very satisfied with the plugins that came with Cubase--I'll be switching to Logic soon... I hope that'll be better.

mattamatta said:
SIR rocks for reverb.

I also like the some of the kjaerhus classic series, and use blockfish on some things also.

I wasn't been able to get SIR to work in Sonar 4.03. Maybe it was my latency, I have raised it significantly since then for mixing.

Can someone explain to me how SIR works? I'm just getting into the whole plugin thing... any opinions on how using SIR would compare with a Lexicon MPX500 (which I'm borrowing from a friend)?

johnny5dm said:
Can someone explain to me how SIR works? I'm just getting into the whole plugin thing... any opinions on how using SIR would compare with a Lexicon MPX500 (which I'm borrowing from a friend)?

SIR is a convolution reverb/impulse modeler. Basically, it takes recordings, called "impulses," made from real spaces (cathedrals, rooms, cars, etc.) and equipment (other reverb units, amp cabinets, microphones, preamps, etc.) and models them. Essentially, it's supposed to give you a more realistic sound than a purely digital reverb. There are a number of convolution verbs out there. SIR just happens to be free and works pretty well. I love the mic/cabinet simulators for guitar and bass parts. Some of the reverb impulses are just amazing, as well.

To work the program itself, you install it and download some impulses. You open up the program as a VST effect and select the impulse that you want to use. The other parameters are similar to most reverbs (wet/dry, predelay, etc.). SIR is pretty processor intensive, and may be too much for some computers, though I've rarely had a problem with it on a P4, 3.2GHz, 512DDR.

Back