Download and Mix Contest

why not throw up MS' results and post up finsters when you get them and do an average of both scores, or average of three if you wanna judge too. Some of these kids are gettin mighty restless :)

We are waiting on one of the judges. If we don't here from him soon, we'll just go with MShilarious' results, or maybe I'll judge. Please try and be patient......

I thought you were judging :confused:

I really don't want to go this one solo. I didn't think there was an obvious winner, so I'd appreciate the second (and third) opinion.

I thought you were judging :confused:

I really don't want to go this one solo. I didn't think there was an obvious winner, so I'd appreciate the second (and third) opinion.

Just you and Finster. I didn't want to Judge because I know how the band wanted this to sound, and how it was tracked to sound. I think my judging would be somewhat skewed against the guys that are shooting for a more slick, "produced", sort of sound. They really wanted a raw, organic, rough sort of sound - very "un" polished. :)

edit - I can try and run through them tomorrow if Finster doesn't show up before then.....
'

Just what I thought before the rules were out, stole the mix and ran, I don't care I'm outa here.

btw, the tracking sucked, if I had that equipment there would have been tracks that didn't need rediculous eq and compression.

don't bother quoting this cause I won't be back to read it

later hr.com it mostly sucks here too. I hate what this site has become. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

WTF??

Just dropped in to check some mixes...... What the hell was that all about:eek:

Is there a mix thief amung us:confused:

I hear some decent mixes in here, So what the hell. Did you make sure he got crappier files than the rest NL5?:D:D:D

That would be a good joke:p

I guess I better track down this mix and listen, if it's still there

F.S.

Not a bad mix torpid-X. Needs some 100 to 300 removed on a couple tracks, EG bass. Little more 4k and some scooping on the kick.
Anyways....

F.S.

WTF??

Just dropped in to check some mixes...... What the hell was that all about:eek:

Is there a mix thief amung us:confused:

I hear some decent mixes in here, So what the hell. Did you make sure he got crappier files than the rest NL5?:D:D:D

That would be a good joke:p

I guess I better track down this mix and listen, if it's still there

F.S.

I'm not sure if he thinks I stole his mix, or that he stole the mix, or ???? :confused:

I'm not sure if he thinks I stole his mix, or that he stole the mix, or ???? :confused:

Ohhhh, Well if your going to steal a mix, uhhh ummm;)

Judging has never been quick around HR and I'm sure he thinks you have an evil plot going to get people to mix your songs for free;)
Fact is you're the only person around here that consistantly put's up files for people to learn on. That's alot of work, and you're to be commended for it.
As for judging, that's alot of work too considering, we all have lives. I did a contest two or three years ago that never got judged, and there was a free mic for a prize (you know who you are:)). It's OK because I know I won;) Another person around here mistakenly thinks they won too.
The reward was in mixing a type of music I had never mixed before and finding solutions to problems that are intrinsic to that style.

Anyway, if I was not in the middle of selling one home and remodeling another I'd be happy to help out. I'd really rathe mix it though:D
See how I am. Just dodged that one.

F.S.

Ohhhh, Well if your going to steal a mix, uhhh ummm;)

Judging has never been quick around HR and I'm sure he thinks you have an evil plot going to get people to mix your songs for free;)
Fact is you're the only person around here that consistantly put's up files for people to learn on. That's alot of work, and you're to be commended for it.
As for judging, that's alot of work too considering, we all have lives. I did a contest two or three years ago that never got judged, and there was a free mic for a prize (you know who you are:)). It's OK because I know I won;) Another person around here mistakenly thinks they won too.
The reward was in mixing a type of music I had never mixed before and finding solutions to problems that are intrinsic to that style.

Anyway, if I was not in the middle of selling one home and remodeling another I'd be happy to help out. I'd really rathe mix it though:D
See how I am. Just dodged that one.

F.S.

I agree, it was not like there was a monetary prize of any source to be had.

Also, why would you want to steal an MP3 mix? :confused: Now if it was a 24bit wav file that you could use for mastering, I could see it to be of some use.

Again, thanks NL5 for sharing the song with us to practice with.

Now about the results of the judging? :D::p

Has the judging been done at all?
Not had time to be on the forum much recently and my heads fried with tired ears and brain. :S

Cheers,
Eck

bump it my arse.....

Am starting to think theres gonna be no judging on this as the judging time has been like 6 weeks now when we were given 4 weeks (was it) to mix? In any case, what ever the outcome I think we should all think ourselves as winners just for having the privolige to take part and have such quality tracked parts to mix with in the first place. Hats off to NL5 for the tracking and for posting these up to give us all a chance at doing what we love to do.

Now whoeverr IS judging, I know I heard one mix worse than mime so spill the beans and tell me a wasn't last ;)

are the tracks still being hosted anywhere?

Nope.

They were up for a couple months.

Looks like MSH will be the only judge, unless someone can step up. I am WAY behind right now, and I have Jury Duty starting Monday, so I won't be able to judge.

Here is a judging idea:

What if everyone who created a mix send mshilarious their top 10 mixes in order, best (10) to worse(1). Mshilarious would then create a list of the top three based on who got the most “highest” votes. Of course we would have to set a deadline for us to get the lists to him.

Back