Don't Let Me Down (Beatles Cover)

CrowsofFritz

Flamingo!
Thought I'd add to the string of Beatles covers we've done lately and show you this rough draft of a song. It's a rough draft because of timing issues, pitch issues, and occasional unaligned double tracked vocals.

Also, if anyone is a pianist that wants to add the organ part to this song, that'd be awesome!

Nice effort. The parts are all there, just need to tighten it up.
Thanks TR! The timing issues can definitely be fixed by changing what I record first. So, I started by laying down the drum track I borrowed online. Then right after I recorded the lead guitar. Dumb. Should have done the rhythm.

But that being said, I think this drum track is a little late on the beat around 2:30.

Thought I'd add to the string of Beatles covers we've done lately and show you this rough draft of a song. It's a rough draft because of timing issues, pitch issues, and occasional unaligned double tracked vocals.

Also, if anyone is a pianist that wants to add the organ part to this song, that'd be awesome!

Well the cymbals are too loud and overwhelming the mix. The parts are there - just not bright enough and kinda of muffled - and the vocals are strange - blended a little too much.

Well the cymbals are too loud and overwhelming the mix. The parts are there - just not bright enough and kinda of muffled - and the vocals are strange - blended a little too much.
Thanks for listening! Unfortunately the drums are just on a single track, so not much I can do regarding that except some compression and maybe a high shelf.

I agree about the cymbals. I think the lead vocal is kind of buried in the chorus too. Very nice effort!

Back