Let's Ride. New song.

I really like this song. Every bit is great. Mix wise I am not really qualified to say much in this case but I think it is a good mix.

Thanks MB. I'll revisit this one eventually. It still needs some tweaks.

Edit: Yeah, listening to it for the first time in a couple of month, I hear a lot that needs work. Vocals are too sedate and need another take. The mix sounds dull and dark. Guitars need to come up. The drums needs a thorough revision--levels are kind of all over the place, that snare needs to be snappier.

I do like the song though.

This is sounding cool. The guitars feel a little far panned...at least in my headphones at the beginning. Cool little tune. sounds pretty cool besides.

The intro grabbed me right away. The guitars sound good and the bass tone is great. My immediate reaction was that I was picking up an 80's Police/Dire Straits kind of vibe.

From there, I felt like the vocal delivery didn't do the song justice. You have a good voice, but I am sensing that you don't believe it. When you don't believe it, your listeners aren't engaged. I was wishing for a more confident delivery. It's there, I can hear the potential.

In my mix space, once the song goes full tilt, the kick tends to get lost. The snare lacks body and the vocals have too much body, I felt. In general, a lot of mix elements don't seem to compliment each other well.

For me, it started off really, really well, but then didn't quite come together. A very good effort! I can hear the work that went into this.

Back