Don't Leave me Alone song and mix feedback

I like it.
The fuzzy guitar is a bit rough, as in wearing out my ears.
Like that very last chord as it fades, has a very sweet tone what without all the hi freqs. If you could harness that throughout.
IDK, just a thought. I'm kind of a natural guitar sound person.
Cool tune.
Catchy.

I also like the tune. My only nit is with the snare drum. It sounds like the life is sucked out of it somehow. The attack is sucked back way too much.

Otherwise, I dig it man!

I also like the tune. My only nit is with the snare drum. It sounds like the life is sucked out of it somehow. The attack is sucked back way too much.

Otherwise, I dig it man!
pulled the compression back on the drums that should take care of your nit! Added a drum intro and pulled guitars out on bridge added piano on final chorus. mix sounds alot better to me now but they always do. mp3 attached but the hi res wav in first post has updated mix to if that's your thing.

Attachments

• Don't leave me alone2.mp3
    7.5 MB
It's still squashed to my ears man.
Everyone has different opinions, but there is still way too much compression on the drums IMO. Take it all back, and then add it.

Second version's got better drum sound, but the comment about the spritzy harsh guitar sound still fits. It's a great, great tune. That's three good tunes here I've heard tonight. Good stuff.

That was really good. Lots of composition tricks in there.
Adding the drum intro was a good idea.
I agree with dobro about the harsh guitar. The beginning made me think about Bowie's Rebel Rebel.
It may be that the style requires it. A bit of harsh is fine, if it mellows for most of the time.
I couldn't hear much bass in there. If the harsh guitar starts it off, with the bass then coming to the fore, it may be easier on the ear.
I could see it making the charts.

They weren't until you mentioned it lol. I really like the drum sound, and it does sound better now. Good work! Great song. And the Slouching Raymond is right - that chorus is really catchy. You're gonna be famous now. Don't let it go to your head lol.

They weren't until you mentioned it lol. I really like the drum sound, and it does sound better now. Good work! Great song. And the Slouching Raymond is right - that chorus is really catchy. You're gonna be famous now. Don't let it go to your head lol.
Thx Dobro i'm a bit old for that. But that's not why we do it is it. No one listens to what we do anymore anyway lol. I added some tape transports sounds at intro and redid some bass parts with drop D for lower sounds. Let me know if too much.
View attachment Don't leave me alone.mp3

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay. Thought I'd give it a proper listen, with headphones.
Just listened to all 4 versions, in the order 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 - 4.
The drums are OK, and you have a good voice.
Wish my songs were this good.
What's going on the B-side?

Sorry for the delay. Thought I'd give it a proper listen, with headphones.
Just listened to all 4 versions, in the order 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 - 4.
The drums are OK, and you have a good voice.
Wish my songs were this good.
What's going on the B-side?
Kind of you to say. I’m not sure about the B-side

thx guys ok gonna release this so it can get like 10 or so listens lol. If you have any time take another quick look and see if there is anything I've overlooked/missing or forever hold your piece! From previous mix I lowered drum bus about 2 db and reduced the so's at the start of each chorus
did some artwork for it.

Attachments

• DLMC2c.jpg
    DLMC2c.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 5
  • Don't leave me alone.mp3
    7.4 MB
Very cool.

May be you can try add double vocals in some of the choruses. (an octave higher (as you sang on 1.10))

Maybe double will sound good in the song, maybe not.

Double Already in there but an ocatave higher would be HI D on E string which is out of my range

Last edited:
thx guys ok gonna release this so it can get like 10 or so listens lol. If you have any time take another quick look and see if there is anything I've overlooked/missing or forever hold your piece! From previous mix I lowered drum bus about 2 db and reduced the so's at the start of each chorus
did some artwork for it.
I thought it sounded better before. (Saturday at 8.13)

Back