Dongle Crack for SX 2

In your esteemed opinion, do you think that Hector is;

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
tombuur said:
Hmmm. I am a legal SX3 owner, but have had trouble with the dongle during the last week. Probably interference with another usb device. Anyway, it has taken me up to 30 mins with restarts, running hardware install, the brain control center and all several times just to get the dongle working. So I have seriously considered getting a cracked version to save wasted time. I paid for this software!!! Needles to say Sonar doesn't cause any problems, and I paid for that too.

I still think that installing the cracked version is illegal, while not immoral. I think the guys at Steinburg wouldn't care as long as you paid for a copy.

instaling a cracked version is not illegal

OEM software

as long as you own the program, you can use backups.

thats why people are allowed to sell x-box dvd-r's

I work in security and law enforcement. I have read a great amount of this thread and it really kills me people can actually try to justify stealing. it's simple to say, if you take something without paying for it, and don't have the owners permission to take it, it is stealing.

When I took studio recording classes back in 91 things were a lot more expensive than they are now. I just bought an old roland scsi direct to hd system off ebay. I got it super cheap but it was almost $10K when I was in school. talk about a waiter trying to justify $10K plus all the added things.... yet some people think that it would have been justified had I stolen it?

I bought an Alesis multimix board online since. I had ordered the usb version and he accidently sent me the firewire version. it was much more expensive for the firewire version. I could have said thanks and left it at that, but I sent him the extra $150 US.... why? Karma for one. and he is a small businessman that would have had to take a loss for an honest mistake. Next time I order from him, I bet I get a killer deal.

I hear arguments all the time from people trying to justify stealing and it kills me. Faceless company.... so they guy that started it all way back when he had to live on kraft dinner and peanut butter didn't have to pay his dues to be able to live a little luxury now? All musicians know what the B circuit gigs were like (Creston. BC jumps out in my mind right now lol) and we all had to pay dues to get the good gigs....

I saw an old friend yesterday talking about stripping metal for a living now due to circumstances. I have to repair many holes in fences at night from these people, and my life is at risk as most places they steal from have a million weapons available.... I hear them justify why it's ok for them to do it, and if you think I will take pity because I know them? HELL NO. I hope the dog chews their ass if they run. I make $12 and hour, and hoping to move into a better paying position shortly so I can afford the full version of cubase over the LE version I just got....

here's an old saying....
you can't be half pregnant
so
you can't half steal something

Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone, if you agree with the following, please do not post. Let this thread die so we can go on the better things.

Stealing: BAD!
Not Stealing: GOOD!

The End (I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope)

Blah blah blah. Downloading software that you don't own is illegal where I live, but it's not theft. I'm not sure if it is in these previous 35 pages, but here are some links to articles that backup my point that copyright infringment is not theft. So this debate will never die.

http://www.google.com/search?hs=Tjl...pyright+infringement+is+not+theft&btnG=Search

Edit: Grr, negative rep points :confused: . I don't advocate downloading illegal software. I run Linux as a slight indicator of my stance on the subject.

Last edited:
Yeah, it is a little steep

chamelious said:
Just for the record, i dont have a cracked version on cubase.

Off to slight tangent, does no one feel that the actual price of these programs is a little extreme?

That has certainly occurred to me. Hundreds of pounds? Can any programmers out there tell me why Cubase costs several times more than, say, Halo 2? I'm a little ignorant of the logistics involved.

What I'm asking here is, are Steinberg scamming everyone and could actually quite feasibly sell the software for £50 or so? Does anyone here actually know the answer to this question for sure? I'm guessing that we'd have to be privy to the inner workings of the Steinberg corporation, its profits and costs, to actually know this, right?

Otherwise all we have is melodramatic propaganda that pirated software is causing the downfall of our (oh so precious) western civilisation.

Any TRULY informed thoughts or information would be appreciated.

kimonokraken said:
That has certainly occurred to me. Hundreds of pounds? Can any programmers out there tell me why Cubase costs several times more than, say, Halo 2? I'm a little ignorant of the logistics involved.

What I'm asking here is, are Steinberg scamming everyone and could actually quite feasibly sell the software for £50 or so? Does anyone here actually know the answer to this question for sure? I'm guessing that we'd have to be privy to the inner workings of the Steinberg corporation, its profits and costs, to actually know this, right?

Otherwise all we have is melodramatic propaganda that pirated software is causing the downfall of our (oh so precious) western civilisation.

Any TRULY informed thoughts or information would be appreciated.

Well, I am a software developer (I don't do software for personal computers though) and I can tell you that a whole lot of time and energy goes into developing something like cubase. And I mean a lot. Of course they could sell it for 50£. Taking into consideration the time involved, they'd probably would get something similar to the average income of a bangladesh citizen, which in germany would probably get you a decent meal a month or so. If the price margins are set in a fair manner, that is a whole other issue, but I don't think that's even a valid question. They are entitled to demand whatever they wish for cubase, and you are entitled not to buy it.

There's really no justification for piracy. It's theft, plain and simple. Something like halo 2 probably sells a lot more (I don't know), or maybe the programmers are just quicker or live in china and earn in a month what a german programmer earns in a day, I don't really know.

Maybe if steinberg sold millions of copies of cubase they could probably bring the price down. Maybe they wouldn''t though, who knows?

blind cowboy said:
Do you steal porches for a living?

If someone stole my porch id be pissed. Nothing to sit on at night and drink beer. Plus youd have to have a mighty big truck to steal it anyhow. Goes damn near all the way 'round the house.

Hey.....adminstrator DELETE this thing.........

My god this thread has taking up more band width than an entire football field. We should be talking about recording instead of falling for Hector's lead toward irrational values.

Choctaw

Hector,

Seriously mate, you chat some shit. And i think that you obviously are incredibly stupid. For a start, any music production student who asks us what a midi file is, is either at the wrong college or smoking some serious cracks and shit.

I'm a professional piano player. I don't have loads of money. Dou really think that it would be right for me to go to Steinway and steal one of their 100,000 dollar pianos, so I could practice at home because I'm good? No.

I hate people like you because you really have no idea that by posting as stupid comment as you did you've upset a lot of people. By cracking the program you increase the prices, and you also make Steinberg come up with ever-increasing crazy anti-hack/theft software that pisses us all off - just look at Waves. Hopefully one day it will fail on you, and, hopefully, when it does your computer will uncharacteristically explode in your face leaving severe burns and the thought in your head - 'why did I bother ripping a copy'.

More to the point - what kind of dickhead comes on the Steinberg forum and advertises the fact they want to crack the program. You idiot. :eek:

man you guys are dumb for thinking he doesn't know what a MIDI file. Ever hear of sarcasm? His reasoning for stealing cubase is lame though. He can get cubase se for like 100 bucks. Even less with the student discount.

Stupid is as stupid does

Hector the only thing I see here is a really dumb guy who openly admitted to a federal crime that the fed's are very interested in stopping.
You sir may very well become the poster child for what is wrong with today's society and they may make a case of you for such a bold admission.

Oh! and by the way. Don't you think that the owner of this bulletin board may have already turned you in for an obvious admission to a federal crime? Not just one mind you but many.

So go on with your smug self...just dont answer the door anymore. :)

In the words of the great Morrissey "Hector was the First of the gang with a gun in his hand, the first to do time, the first of the gang to die"
Well lets hope so Mossa!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back