does the age of vibe photocells matter?

opapa

hi ,

i want to buy older, used fulltone dejavibe guitar pedal unit. does the photocells in it get older like tubes or smth..does it matter? is it better to avoid older units and buy a new one?

im a newbie, so big thanks

cheers

hi ,

i want to buy older, used fulltone dejavibe guitar pedal unit. does the photocells in it get older like tubes or smth..does it matter? is it better to avoid older units and buy a new one?

im a newbie, so big thanks

cheers

They are Cadmium Disulphide 'semiconductors' and as such I would not expect them to fail more than once every couple of 100 years!

I have no data because CS2 devices have been banned from equipment, at least in EU for many years.

There are I understand alternative photo-resistive elements based on LEDs but I would guess the cork sniffers won't like 'em!

Dave.

so that fulltone dejavibe unit doesnt contain elements that can get old? i can buy old one with confidence?..
thanks

so that fulltone dejavibe unit doesnt contain elements that can get old? i can buy old one with confidence?..
thanks

I would think so, I lurk in s guitar forum a lot and peeps come with all sorts of amp woes. Can't remember anyone having duff ORP12?

The people pissed of with the ban are I think builders of retro pedals? I understand CAN get the cells but it is illegal to put them in kit and sell it in the EU.

Dave.

Back