Do You Hear What I Hear

excellent Pete! the mix is not over compressed or anything.. It came in exactly as it should.. congrats just for that! the instrumentation and vocals are great! I hear a lot of recordings (mine included,) that are so normalized and un-dynamic, that even though it may be a mellow song, it hit's too hard... that didn't happen here.. this is really great sounding imhop... I normally don't give out the stars, but I must place them on this one..

Merry Christmas to all the muzemen! (and women) :D

thanks!

Excellent production and performance Pete!Love the vocals and the touch of harmonica is sweet.Drum pattern is working just right for this tune......the guitars are sound really good too.Im loving this.Top notch recording Pete.

Merry Christmas!

SWEEEEEET!......

maybe we could have a collab done by next Christmas:D

this one is wonderful....the harmonica was a great addition and the background vocals were PERFECT!.......

only thing i would have done was pan that cymbal,hihat,or whatever it was a bit off center......

i hear ya on the holiday rush, this one crept up too fast......

Merry Christmas Pete!

Mike

Hi Pete... so this is what you've been up to !

sounds good... very tasteful. I like the harmonica and guitar slides ... adds a lot of interest to the song. Sounds pritty well mixed on the phones.

well done
dres

Thanks guys,I really appreciate the listen!

Hey Sam,thanks for the kind words and stars,your the best!
Really means a lot to me that you liked it.
I think your talent is just awsome!

All the various Muzes thank you,(that's 21 now,2 adults,4 semi adults,12 cats,2 lizards,1 ferret,and a partridge in a pear tree!):D
We all wish you a great holiday!

Hey K,thanks man!
Coming from you,that's a real compliment!

Thanks to you I can stand the sound of my own voice,(almost!):D
Glad you liked the harp,I wanted to do more with the drums,just didn't have the time.
I really appreciate your kind words,thanks.

Have a great holiday my friend!

Hey Mike,glad to see you around!
Thought mabey Mickey got you!:D

maybe we could have a collab done by next Christmas
I'd hate to ruin my reputation as a slacker!:D

Thanks for the listen bro,really glad you liked it.
Thank you for taking the time,and for your kind words,they are very much appreciated!
Can't wait to get back to our stuff!

Here's hoping everybodys doing well,and have a great holiday Mike.

Hi Dres!
Ya,it took me 3 weeks just to get this together!:eek:

Glad you liked the harp and slide,I was going to try some slide on your song.
Thanks for the listen,and the kind words.:)

Hope you and your wife have a great holiday!

Pete

Hey Pete,
......very nice man. I really feel like a turd not having a christmas contribution here......:( This is a nice addition to the outstanding Christmas CD that has materialized here. Very nice stuff here man.........

g:)

very smooooth Pete.

but...howcome it is listed under "Alternative" in the music genre selection at nowhere?:eek:

You're not one of those obsessive Ground Hog day lovers are ya??:D

merry Christmas

Pete;

Very nicely done, my Bro! Love it! That tune has always been one of my Favs and you did it justice in every sense.

Blessed Christmas to you and to yours!

CR ><>

sweet pete!!

very nice!!! super easy on the ears! beeyouteefull renditon!!:D
your vox are superb, my friend!!

thank's pete!!

peace, and merry christmas!!

rick

Very nice muze......the singing is good........nice guitar work............the harp adds a lot.
I echo everyones' positive reviews....this is one of the better Christmas songs that we've done. Good work.....merry Christmas!

What a voice you have! Absolutely perfect for this tune.
And a fantastic rendition of this. I was singing this while building a roof this morning. Yea...building a roof Christmas Eve morning. Santa's gotta land somewhere I guess :D

This is a perfect mix as far as I can tell. At my house you'll have an audience of about 20 tonight.

Great job!

Well...I"m having to lofi it. I liked the stereo field on the tune, so I miss it.

Harmonica's a great touch.

I think your vocals need to be a little stronger, but well, I guess I'm the lone dissenter on this.

I like the guitar work on this.

Hi all,
Sorry I havn't been around lately.
Just wanted to thank everyone very much for the listen and the kind words.

Thanks to-
Guernica,mixmkr,Axe4Yahweh,fenderlikingood,Lt. Bob,JR#97, SLuiCe,Shaky Tee,and Erland!

You guys are the best!
Here's wishing you all a wonderful New Year,and looking foward to enjoying another year with all my friends!

Cheers,
Pete:)

Pete, this is the first chance I've had to listen (my rig was down for a bit). First class my friend. Very, very cool. :cool:

Hey Pete: Just wanted to let you know that this tune was on maximum rotation during our Christmas party, and it was enjoyed by all.

Take care,
Chris

Hey Track!

Thanks very much man,I really appreciate it!
I really enjoyed your guitar work on the Christmas songs you did,beautiful!

Have a great New Year my friend!

Hey Chris,you really know how to embarrass a guy!

Just wanted to let you know that this tune was on maximum rotation during our Christmas party.

Let me guess,the kids had a nice game of Frisbee!:D

I appreciate it bro,and wish all the Harris's a great New Year!

Pete

Back