Do any of you have broken (keyhole, cracked) ziljian cymbals?

No. I use sleeves and replace them when necessary, and I don't beat the shit out of my cymbals. Bought them in 1992, and they just keep getting better. A Zildjain medium crashes (16, 17,18,19), 21' rock ride, 14" new beats, 20" china low, 8"+10" A custom splashes, 10" china splash. I treat them with the respect they deserve. I'm curious about your reasons.

There's a pile of them at my band's practice space. If you wanna break an overpriced cymbal, buy Zildjian.

You want to dump any on the super cheap Greg? I'm interested in anything that is cast (no cheaper zxt, zbt type stuff).

You want to dump any on the super cheap Greg? I'm interested in anything that is cast (no cheaper zxt, zbt type stuff).

They're not mine, but I can ask. I know quite a few of them are A's. One piece in particular is an A hi-hat top with a big crack right in the middle of it. Not an edge split, not a keyhole, but a crack floating smack in the middle of the top hat. It's weird. I have no idea how that happened.

Just curious, what do you wanna do with them? One of our guys traded a few of the broken cymbals for some home remodeling.

Repurposing. My only criteria is they have to be round so no chiped out bites like this thing, I'm also not looking to spend a lot what so ever because after all it is a busted instrument that I don't intend to play any longer:

0.jpg

Most people don't think they are worth anything but I'm willing to make an offer depending on what he has. Better than sitting in a pile waiting to be scrapped.

Sorry man, I looked through the pile last night and all that's there is crappy ZBT type stuff. There were some As (I know because I broke them), I guess he got rid of them.

Back