DIY Desks - continued

CDierks:
Please post morepics when you can, we will love to see it more. Speaking of power tools, I am gonna try to borrow as many as I can, and do it myself with a friend's assistance...hopefully it will work out lol

ola:
wouldn't bloskboard be partical board? from my understanding, partical boards are little peices of wood compressed together.

ausrock:
yeah, I have seen your picture, in fact I had them saved on my PC, I hope you wouldn't mind. I did a research one day, and got as many pictures as I could online for some ideas.

I sure don't have nice or as many equipments like you guys do, but my dest does get very messy as my purchase more equipments. Thanks for all the info, I will start looking into more wood mateirals now.

Blockboard is the name I found for the material known in Germany as 'Tischlerplatte'.

http://www.design-technology.org/Blockboard.htm

Particle board is another thing and it's basically saw dust and small wooden chips mixed with glue and then compressed to make boards. Cheap and practical to use in many applications as long as you're not trying to screw things together. MDF is the most commonly used particle board in studio applications (as far as I can gather anyway) because it's dense reluctant to resonance.

hmm.. that´s not exactly what it looks like, though...

Anyway... to A1A2:

In critical places I chose it to be 24 mm in others 18 mm thick...

Oh, yeah, everything is screwed together - no glue, in case I want to move...

Back