Demo

Hey M!

Nice song! Kinda Beatlesque!
Since the mix is a rough one I won't comment on it except I'd work the solo guitar up a little more in volume (just a bit).

My computer speakers are a little muffly so I can't comment on the clarity of the sound, but compared to other things I hear through them it sounds pretty good!
There were a few timing issues on the drums (2 I think) 1 during the song one at the very end. Very minor.

A well done song! I am glad to hear some upbeat stuff finally!

Tom

I wouldnt alter this much, just maybe a tad of brightness on the vocals. This is a really good sound.

Haven't seen ya around for a while....
Very beatles-like.
Good performance, the singing is great.
Agree about bringing leed guitar up.
VERY ENTERTAINING effort al in all:)

Hi macle

Hope this finds you and Max well. :)

Good song, very well performed. Nice to hear one of yours before it gets the final polish. It sounds great already.

There's a strange chorus-thing on the main vocal - close double tracking? Autotune? Chorus? Whatever, it's a little distracting.

Otherwise immaculate as usual.

Have a good Xmas and Hogmanay. :)

Cheers

AB

Enjoyed very much macle and again I have to add you are channeling the Beatles here.

My favorite parts of your songs often come when your background vox kick in, and this is no exception.

Looking forward to when it's all sanded and polished, hope you'll let us know.

tmix-Hi Tom, thanks very much for the feedback. I think I know the drum bits you're talking about. When I do a better mix, hopefully I can fix those up, take a bar from another take or something. Thanks again.

CanopuS-Thanks a lot. The proper mix will be done probably never :rolleyes:

Toki987-Alright, thanks. I probably won't alter it too much, hopefully just some sort of overall improvement somehow.

HevyD47Ca- I went through a period of not doing music much, so maybe I'll start doing more again. Thanks a lot!

the dude-Well, that would be pretty cool. Would love to sell it. Wanna buy it?

alibish-Hi, how ya doing? Max and me are still trudging along :). On the vocal thing, must be double tracking, there are no effects at all. The double tracking is only on the choruses though, not the verses, so if you hear it there, than I don't know what it is! Hmmm. Thanks for listening, Happy New Year!

CyanJaguar-Thanks man! I know you are very selective, so that's very nice of you to say :).

Khompewtur-Thanks very much. Will definitely let you know when I've done a proper mix (this was literally a 5 minute faders up mix :eek: . I'm sort of lazy, so it might be awhile though :).

macle

WOW

awesome!! I am probably the beatles biggest fan, and except for the chorus, this is remarkably beatlesque.

You have a great voice.
I loved the harmonies.

Sounds like a few volumes need to be fixed up.

The intro is amazing.

How did you record the piano ???

thanks for the great material.

yiordanaki

Unbelievable! Great stuff - one of my top 5 favorites that I've heard on this site. Awesome musicianship, songwriting, and recording. What's your signal chain? Share your secrets! ;-) Everything is recorded perfectly in my opinion.

The only thing that stuck out to me was that the tambo sounded a little tinny/distorted - but that's probably from the mp3 encoding (I have coldplay on mp3 for my mp3stereo in my car, and the hihats sound just the same)

The only thing that could hurt you is that it sounds just like the Beatles. But then again, that's pretty awesome!

I hadn't been on this site for a few months; thought I'd pop on to see if you had posted anything recently, and voila -- Life Is Good! Too bad I missed Chasing Rainbows, I'm sure Jenny would like to hear it as well (any chance of a repost??). I can't wait to let her listen to this one tomorrow when she wakes up! Great job as usual. I am eagerly awaiting your first CD; I am sure you can make a mint off the listeners on this website alone! Keep up the great music, maybe one day I will finish recording a new song of my own...

-leahkim

i really liked you song. It reminded me of john lennon. I think you are on the right track.

good effort and enjoyable listen.

yiordanaki-Thanks very much. The piano is the Gigapiano (sampled piano for Gigasampler).

Paco-Thanks! The signal chain is, for the most part, Rode NTK to Averill API to Distressor (sometimes) to Paris. Some people, or one person anyway, thinks the tracking is too 'old school", not modern and clear sounding. Hmmm. Thanks for The Beatles comment, I understand what you're saying about that.

leahkim-Thanks, glad you like it (hope Jenny does , too). If I get around to re-uploading Chasing Rainbows, I'll let you know. Thanks again. Hope you can get some time to make music.

TexRoadKill-Howdy Tex, how are ya? Thanks for the listen. the piano is the Gigapiano, the only "fake" thing. Got to get a decent piano.

jimistone- Thanks. I like John Lennon, so that's great.

macle

wow, that sounds awesome. how did you mic the drums and what mics did you use? what pre's did you use? did you use the averill api's for everything or just the vox? sorry for all the questioning, this just sounds great, and im wondering what all the mics and pres and whatnot were used for it cus it sounds amazing.

Whoa....Love it. Rode NTK? I was thinking about getting one of those. Sweet. Of course..your vocals are awsome..so your prolly making that mic sound better than I could get it to sound. =)

That was fantastic. Very Beatlesque. The chorus enters very well. You should definitely try to do something with the song. For some reason I can hear this being played on a TV commercial. The only criticism I have is the last piano roll at the end. It's too much for my ears, a bit cheesy. I do like the delayed drum roll at the end though. Great stuff.

Back