Delta 44 owners I need your help!

darkecho

What have you found to be the best settings in the configuration window?

I am confused how to figure out what to set the latency to mostly, and should the sample rate match whatever your software is recording at?

what do you have yours set to?

(and what is rate locked/ rate reset at idle?)

Thanks!!

It's trial & error. Ideally you want the latency as small as possible for recording. If you find you're playback gets glitchy as the track count climbs, you can increase it again for mixing.

I don't have my 44 anymore but I think rate locked would require Media Player etc. to specify the same sample rate as the 44 is set to. If they're not the same, the file won't playback

Mine is set at whatever it defaulted to, and seems to work fine....It's in an old AMD 1.2 machine for tracking, and I seldom have trouble. If you want specifics, let me know, and I will look.

Hi,
I use two D44's (which I just adore!!), rate locked at 44.1k for both.
As this is the 'native' frequency I record/playback at, regardless of which program I run, it all works seemlessly.
I use the standard settings that 'came in the box', and all is shaaweeeeet!!
I also use the 'seperate and in sync' function for the cards.
I have not used, nor will I ever use the mixing console that comes with the Delta software, as CoolEdit takes care of all that for me, with less fuss.

mmmmm...8 I/O channels of external mixer goodness.....works great for me.

Anyways....just my shit going on here.....nothing really else to add at this point......move along. :D
Kindest Regards,
Superspit.

Latency depends on the number of samples you specify to be held in the memory buffer that sits between the cpu and your soundcard. Ideally this number would be as small as you can make it for recording because the soundcard AD convertor must fill the buffer before passing it to the cpu for processing. So if you're recording at a 48K sample rate and you specified a buffer size of 48000 samples, it would take a second from the time you pressed a key/played a chord to hearing it through your monitors. However if you specified a buffer size of 480 samples, the latency would only be 10 milliseconds before hearing it in your monitors.
The downside to small sample sizes is that your cpu will be kept a lot busier having to deal with the refreshed buffers. So if your cpu is slow or it's busy doing other stuff, you'll hear glitches if it can't keep up

Back