Delta 1010lt, more trouble than its worth?

The mixer I have is a behringer eurorack mx802A. I was told what I was looking for in a mixer was “insert” inputs to reroute the channel out to the delta 1010. Something like this one I’m assuming
Soundcraft EPM6 8-channel Analog Mixer | Sweetwater

Hmm? Getting complicated innit? You really need a mixer with 8 mic inputs each with inserts. Even so you will need 8 cables with a TRS plug one end with tip and ring linked (to keep signal routed through the mixer) and TS at the 1010 end. I don't know if such cables are available 'off the shelf'? Custom jobs will be pricey. How's yer soldering?

The mix in the DAW then needs to come back to the mixer for monitoring, an FX return or stereo pair will suite for that.

Dave.

$10 says this mystery Behringer does not have balanced inserts. It probably has TRS in/out inserts like 99% of the consoles I've used. The exception in my case was a Harrison analog console with inserts on XLR. One of the many cool features was that they were bypassable via a switch on the channel strip.

Soundcraft EPM 8 – Thomann UK

Thomann have that mixer as well. Pretty good value at £175 IMHO. I shall look for a signal block diagram but at least it does have the necessary inserts. I think it is a waste of time trying to find a mixer with direct outs or balanced insert outs at anything reasonable in price?

Found it, pretty simple mixer, the inserts are post mic/line pres and pre EQ. Your 2 chan mix can come back on one of the stereo pairs.

Dave.

Last edited:
Hi JohLadell... Just checking how if you came right with using your Delta10lt cards... I have been using one for like 4 years now... And I am using it via a Yamaha analog MG82CX analogue mixer... I am very happy with my setup as it allows me a lot of versatility... However, I get the best results when plugging my SM57 directly into one of the two XLR insert breakout cables from the Delta1010lt sound card, as the dry signal comes out best. I even Go myself a XLR male to 1/4 felmale jack that I keep plugged into the other XLR breakout insert in the Delta card, that I plug my guitar cable into. Got great results like that. I even sometimes plug in an Aux Cable into my guitar Amp's Headphone input and run that headphone signal into that same XLR jack with an aux cable with 1/4 inch male jack and I get great results like that. I love the card and it works excellently, via Cubase 10 on the latest Windows 10 operating system... However, I had to get the drivers for Windows 10 from the M-Audio Website, under their 'Legacy' downloads... I actually bought myself a spare PC with PCI slots that just as a back up PC for the future, cause I still love the old skool way of doing things. And my Music Keyboard, I run both midi in-out into the delta SPDIF breakout cables and at the same time run two 1/4 stereo cables from keyboard into the Analogue 4&6 break out RCA inserts, so that I have the choice of recording Midi or audio at the same time. While I was still struggling to learn how to get any sound from the sound card and my DAW set up, the guy at the music shop advised me to buy a modern sound card, saying this thing is old and outdated, but little did he know, that to me, the word 'Old' in music is a compliment.

Back