Delta 1010 help

dumass

hey, whenever i play an audio cd or a dvd on my computer, i always hear a lot of clicks and pops. what could be wrong, and how do i fix this? it never happens with any media that is already on my computer...only the removable media... thanks for your help

Do you have DMA enabled for the IDE channel that the CD/DVD drive is on?

Attachments

• DMA.jpeg
    DMA.jpeg
    51.9 KB · Views: 123
In fact I still got the same problem but with every kind of Sound. If I do _nothing_ and the hd isn't working it's allright. But when playing Games or listening to an mp3 when browsing the audio stream is always cut for a second by a little stuttering.

I updated every driver, defragmented the hd, nothing helped so far :/
[nForce chipset]

the primary was alreayd set to that, but the secondary wasn't...so i changed it, and also messed a little more with the dma buffer on the maudio control pannel...and it rid a lot of it for the audio cd's....but it's the same on the dvd's.

Ok, I read a lot of posts to that stuttering problem now and fixed it that way:

(nForce chipset)
I disabled ACPI in the BIOS, disabled every unused Port in the BIOS(LPT etc.) and reinstalled WinXP. Now the soundcard got its own IRQ and everything works fine.

It's very important that the soundcard got its own IRQ, otherwise the soundstream is being disturbed by another device.

Greets

i tired putting it in another slot...but same results.

stormblast...how did u do watever u did? (not like i know what that was anyway)

lol, you might wanna wait from a answer from the other guys, but the first thing i would try is to make damn sure you install your sound cards first after you format and install winxp, it will assign the irq's right then and there, and ive cleared up sound problems like that before due irq shareing, but if its one of the ports he disabled that is taking up that irq, then there will still be a conflict when you install your sound card and you will need to disable them.....(i think [lol])..... with most modern boards there usually is plenty of irq's, its when you fill up your pci slots that shit starts messing up, so like i said, just try unplugging each of your pci devices, and keep your sound cards in, once they are installed try installing your other devices, if there is still conflicts you will need to disable some of the unused ones to keep them open for other pci devices.

note : do not go off just what i say, im a stoned ass musician that can build a computer and make it work, i am in no way a computer tekkie, so leave it to the true tekki's to keep you on the right track, this is just a suggestion hahaha -- peace

The new boards use ACPI which is nothing but adding virtual IRQs. There are no more than 15 IRQs and if your Soundcard got an IRQ above 15 it might be sharing it with another device.

Try the following:
Go check your bios if you can disable ACPI (if it's an ACPI Board). If so, disable it. Then go to your Hardware Manager, pull down the Computer Tab and switch the UniProcessor Driver to ACPI-PC (Advanced Configuration and Power Interface). That way you can give your Soundcard an own IRQ.

There's a shitload of topics about this. For some more details check out this one:
http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11366&highlight=advanced+configuration+power

Back