Deeper (as it goes)

K-dub

I think I MAY have gotten this Prog Pop piece dialed into a balance.

It's complex and kind of a bunch of different things all pasted together in oddball manner.

Any thoughts, as usual, warmly appreciated.

Last edited:
Sometimes you need to go less light on the limiter. That was the issue. Not enough glue.

Hi
Great Sound & Perfectly mixed
wasn't sure where the song was going ? loved the Brass parts almost like Big Band

all in all Very Very Good

subvibe

Hi
Great Sound & Perfectly mixed
wasn't sure where the song was going ? loved the Brass parts almost like Big Band

all in all Very Very Good

subvibe
My son performs the chorus guitar licks. He hated what I'd done. I think he was 16 or 17 at the time - so I challenged him to do better, and he did. :D

Works for me on these laptop speakers. I need to listen to it on a decent system, should sound great.

I think you nailed it! Sometimes you just have to break the rules.. I generally don't like heavy limiters.. this one works!

My son performs the chorus guitar licks. He hated what I'd done. I think he was 16 or 17 at the time - so I challenged him to do better, and he did. :D
I had instruments laying all over the house, saxophones, flute, clarinet, violin, keyboards, guitars. 0 out of 4 kids were interested. I never pushed it, just let them know
they were there if they wanted to give it a shot.

I had instruments laying all over the house, saxophones, flute, clarinet, violin, keyboards, guitars. 0 out of 4 kids were interested. I never pushed it, just let them know
they were there if they wanted to give it a shot.
Both of mine are music lovers. Elder daughter took piano - got okay w/ it, and put it down. Son took guitar, became incredible at it ... and put it down.

I think I MAY have gotten this Prog Pop piece dialed into a balance.

It's complex and kind of a bunch of different things all pasted together in oddball manner.

Any thoughts, as usual, warmly appreciated.

It's got a interesting thickness to everything - vocals start out hesitant but move into cofindence - the bass is really neat - kind of hits over and over.

It's got a interesting thickness to everything - vocals start out hesitant but move into cofindence - the bass is really neat - kind of hits over and over.
I tried to get Tjarko to perform bass on it - but he basically said: "I'm not feeling it."

So I wound up doing it myself.

I am not a bass player, but I can try like hell in a pinch.

The bass player in my college band, who later joined up with me in our 50s, once remarked, "You're not half bad when back into a corner."

I took it as a compliment.

Back