Dead Poet

Hi there. I guess I'd probably pull the bass back a little. Also, while I think the vocal level is not unreasonably low, the words themselves are pretty tough to comprehend. They just seem really blurry. It could be either due to some sloppy doubling or your pronunciation of certain words or both. I think cleaning them up would give the listener something to focus on as the current arrangement gets a little droney and mid-tempo in places, and I guess I'm not really hearing any kind of hook.

The drums are too far forward - even more so than the bass.
the vocals are buried & blurred.
I've read the lyrics and understand what you're singing but not everyone will.
The drums sound very bright.

Just to be clear, I'm usually against total clarity of the lyrics and think vocals sound better "in the mix", but this song seems centered around them and so it suffers when they're so murky.

Just to be clear, I'm usually against total clarity of the lyrics and think vocals sound better "in the mix", but this song seems centered around them and so it suffers when they're so murky.

Thanks for the comments!!! I was thinking about the drums myself and wheter thjey were too forward... somehow I seemed to like them there to give it a real aggressive vibe as the guitars and pads and the slight phased bass give it a droney, feeling as you said...and my thoughts about the vocals and why they are so "in the mix" is that they sound like an echo coming from behind...but yes they probably should be brough up a bit and the bass and drums down

Thanks =)

The mix is a bit murky, so some EQ work on various parts in the lows and low mids would probably help. The vocal's way too buried - turn it up! It sounds like you can sing - I'd like to hear it. :)

Back