DAW Users With ADD

First band practice in like 2 months tonight. These guys keep suggesting new songs, while I’m pretty sure I don’t remember most of the old ones. ☹️

Sort of like when you start watching a movie and 3/4 of the way through you realize you’ve seen it already. 🥸
HA! I recorded a movie on the DVR a couple of weeks ago. As I was watching it, it seemed vaguely familiar. About 30 minutes in, I looked over at the DVDs on the shelf, and there it was! I probably bought and watched it 2 years ago.

Scheduled my Moderna booster shot today, I’m getting it on Halloween.

Only reason I’m waiting is I’m taking my mother too, and I was going to see her on Halloween anyway. Two birds…

Band practice tonight without our keyboard player. Sometimes I think we might be better off without him. He’s not very good. So it boils down to what’s better, no keys or bad keys? The extra instrument does add, but the playing subtracts. :(

Good thing we never go out of the basement, I guess. :)

Oh, and I should mention the Iridium has been sounding pretty, pretty good the last couple of practices. 👍🏼

I’ve been using the Fender model exclusively. Dialed in a really nice tone with it.

😁 <—— me happy

Oh, and I should mention the Iridium has been sounding pretty, pretty good the last couple of practices. 👍🏼

I’ve been using the Fender model exclusively. Dialed in a really nice tone with it.
I'm betting that thing is pretty nice, at that price it had better be. Miles ahead of what was around when this thread was started.

I'm betting that thing is pretty nice, at that price it had better be. Miles ahead of what was around when this thread was started.
The funny thing I've found about money is that you very rarely miss it once you’ve spent it. Parting with it is the tough part.

Is the Iridium worth $400? Probably not. But at this point the $400 is gone and I’m happy with the toy, so…

I recall buying my first house and lying awake nights thinking about how I was going to be able to handle the mortgage payments. And then a year later I didn’t even give it a second thought.

Similar with retirement. I retired at 60. Figuring you might live for another 25-35 years, it was pretty scary wondering whether your retirement money could last that long. It helps that my needs are pretty mundane, and I own my house outright, but 14 years in and I actually have twice as much money in my IRA as the day I retired. AND I own an Iridium, lol. 😁

In a few days I'll have half as much as I had in my 401K, divorce will do that to you.
Fortunately I got divorced before I had any money to speak of. Paid her like $3k to forgo any claims on my pensions. But I’d still have a lot more had things turned out differently - 20 years of child support and college will do that.

But I have a hot girlfriend now, was it worth it?

Yeah.
Does she have a sister? :)

My son tried to fix me up with one of his former girlfriend’s mother one time. I said, she’s my age, why would I want to go out with her, lol. How about one of your girlfriend’s girlfriends?

It's great to be finished with the outside house work, and back to playing golf again.... if you can call shooting 100 playing golf! Other than my driver, irons and putter, I was on FIRE!

Back