DAW Users With ADD

I’m imagining we haven’t heard from Cheesehead because his fingers are frozen to the keyboard. :eek: :)

Looks to be a tad chilly out your way, pal. Brrrrr.

I'm actually off right now and tomorrow, the boss shut down the shop. I am on call right now for pet accounts, even at double time I don't want to work in this shit.

I'm in the process of migrating to the new computer right now, updates to come later.

I'm in the process of migrating to the new computer right now, updates to come later.

New computer up and running!

I bought a cheap desktop, we don't do much else besides web surfing on it. I also bought a small (23") monitor. It's still bigger than the old one and more than enough for me. The only real problem I had during the whole process was when I wanted Microsoft office software the guy gave me a key code for a subscription service which I immediately returned for a permanent license. I was a little pissed because he never mentioned it was a subscription, luckily I didn't install it.

Today I may spend working on music stuff.

LATER!!!

The only real problem I had during the whole process was when I wanted Microsoft office software the guy gave me a key code for a subscription service which I immediately returned for a permanent license. I was a little pissed because he never mentioned it was a subscription, luckily I didn't install it.

LATER!!!
Can you even buy a non-subscription version anymore? Everybody wants you to join their book of the month club these days. :rolleyes:

I just keep reinstalling my 2010 version. There’s nothing new happening in spreadsheets and word processing that I need.

Can you even buy a non-subscription version anymore? Everybody wants you to join their book of the month club these days. :rolleyes:

I just keep reinstalling my 2010 version. There’s nothing new happening in spreadsheets and word processing that I need.

I guess that's how long it's been since I've bought non-recording software. My wife still had stuff from Windows 98, on multiple CDs, we wanted a fresh start.

We went to Best Buy and they also asked us if we need help getting it set up. I don't think hooking up a computer is too hard, but years ago people would ask me to hook up their stereo systems as if they were complicated. No extended warranty either, if it breaks I'll take it to the local guy, I was very happy with his service.

Got my "Trump" Taxes done...$900 less than last year with no change in my life. I dont know, the deductible is $12,000 or something so only the big money will have write offs over that. I wonder if I should have a CPA look at it but really all I have is a check and house interest. No kids anymore, no stock sells with capital gains etc...etc...simple blue collar. Not sure why I get $900 less back though? I tried Turbo Tax and HR...both identical results.
Looks like I might have you beat, CC. I took a quick first swipe at my taxes. As I mentioned, I normally have to pay. This year it appears I may be paying over $2000 MORE than last year!! :eek:

I only had one change last year. I reached 70-1/2 so I had to take a mandatory withdrawal from my IRA. However, I had them take taxes out of that - so that shouldn't have affected how much I owe. Thank you, Donald. :rolleyes:

Its not new news to the finance people, they were preparing in Feb 2018 for a bunch of pissed off customers...daang
reading Google and hearing others at work now doing taxes, its all....negative so far.

Somehow its supposedly good for everyone this new formula per the suits on the Hill.... lol

So next question is "where did my $1000 go that the Govt didn't give me back?"

1) to pay for some Capital Hill special fund for limousine upgrades and lobster dinners
2) the wall
3) for handouts to other countrys
4) for handouts to other politicians
5) to stop global warming
6) to expedite global warming
7) to increase defense
8) to increase outsourcing of defense
9) to break the back of the masses into dependency on the government
10) to fix something
11) to buy more steak and lobster dinners for the government employees
12) to buy more McDonald hamburgers during fed shutdowns
13) to prop up medicare and social security entitlement handouts
14) <enter anything>
15) to buy new recording gear for the White House

its a cold 53 here

I was pretty liberal until I got a job doing a lot of work for the government. It opened my eyes to how little they respect your "contributions":rolleyes:. I have a lot of friends and relatives with government jobs too. Of course there's lots of waste in the private sector also, but I can vote with my $$$.

Ther cold snap is over, someone froze to death one block away from my house.Now there's a huge warm up on the way, it should make for quite a mess.

I plan on being semi productive today, we'll see how that goes.

LATER!!!

Whats great and comforting is we have all those people on "the Hill" looking out for us.
So Im sure the next election the politicians will address this issue and promise to make it better for us.

I have more important things to do though, I have some mics to sell and a set of monitors to move....thinking about a ShureSM7b to re-buy.
What I do is buy stuff, sell it at a loss and then a few years buy it again at an even higher price. Im thinking of a P-Bass too, Ive had my Squier Bass since 1991, theres some MIM for $499.99...(I could just say $500 but the mind likes to focus on the first number.)

Ive been to pawn shops and stores and online and these things used cost near the same and often more for used?

The Fender Pbass and the Shure SM7b ...new is $399 7b, used unknown conditions are wanting $325-$350? lol

PBass same, used is unknown frets, unknown if the pups have been swapped with squiers etc....for $450..$500...while a brand new one is $499 or $524....shouldn't used be $250? or $200? this used-uptick has seemed to have happened in the last year or so.
I don't get it? who would buy used if its $50 or $100 to get brand new, known new frets...brand new in box mic with brand new capsule etc..??

Attachments

• huh prices.png
    huh prices.png
    785.9 KB · Views: 3
We have a music resale store that I stop into once in a while where the prices are just slightly under new and sometimes they're more than new on certain items. Caveat emptor , check your prices.

I of course have a lot of things over the years that I don't need, only because the price was so low.:rolleyes::o

Go Rams!

That was a dud. Really a terrible performance by the Rams offense, the Patriots defense isn't that good. Goff is a good QB, not a great or elite QB.

Actually, I think the Patriots defense is pretty good. They did the same thing in the last game - completely shut down a team that always scores early and scores a lot. It threw them off the only game plan they had, allowing a Patriots offense, largely running on fumes, but still with a smart (or crafty) head coach, to do the minimum necessary. (Something Brady excels at.)

Next year they won't have the guy running defense, as he's off to be a head coach (so someone must have seen something...). I think Brady is nuts not to walk away on top now, but these types rarely do.

Still, a good "old guys rule" night, even if the game was boring, and the halftime? Jeez, don't get me started.

A while back my cable company started charging me $5/month for their modem. I had been using it for years without any fee, suddenly this $5 showed up. :mad:

Anyway after several months of this I got fed up. I found a refurbished one on Ebay for $40 and ordered it. I figure after 8 months I’m whole, and after that I’m $5 a month richer.

I installed it this week, which turns out to be good timing as I just found out they’re raising the fee to $10 a month. :rolleyes: So now the payback is only 4 months.

America seems to run on greed. How much is enough for these cable companies? And they wonder why everyone is cutting the cord.

A while back my cable company started charging me $5/month for their modem. I had been using it for years without any fee, suddenly this $5 showed up. :mad:

Anyway after several months of this I got fed up. I found a refurbished one on Ebay for $40 and ordered it. I figure after 8 months I’m whole, and after that I’m $5 a month richer.

I installed it this week, which turns out to be good timing as I just found out they’re raising the fee to $10 a month. :rolleyes: So now the payback is only 4 months.

America seems to run on greed. How much is enough for these cable companies? And they wonder why everyone is cutting the cord.

Your post reminds me of the scam where a criminal puts a very small charge on a bill and because it's so small you don't notice it. Do it on enough accounts and the criminal becomes rich.

There are so many ways to spend money on internet, cable and phone, I'm sure lots of people are being being crushed. The antenna is a viable alternative to TV, not much you can do about the phone or DATA plans.

Work
Just trying to get over the "hump", the stretch of shitty weather until things start looking up. Unfortunately once we get over better cold and snow, we progress into cold rain and slop. My age is really catching up to me and my boss is in denial. I'm on the downhill of my career and my boss has taken no steps to replace me. I guess that works in my favor, but it also means I'll be dealing with bullshit right to the end, I was hoping for some kind of slowdown.

Music
Other than playing in my basement I've been going to a local open jam that a friend of mine runs once a month. Recently a friend of my wife bought a bar that had a reputation as a "music dive". The corner bar with a backroom where bands that weren't mainstream would play. My wife's friend is going to keep the name and the music and she wants to have open jams also. They have a house PA system, so all you need to do is bring your guitar. I'm probably going to go set that up, maybe for Sunday afternoons. I'll try and find someone else to run it, because I just like showing up, playing and drinking.

There's a big difference in the open jams I go to now as opposed to many years ago. The quality is much better because nobody wants to pay musicians any more, so you have to give it away.

LATER!!!

Back