DAW Users With ADD

Happy almost Christmas....ive dropped the vibe this year, no tree up yet, bought nearly nothing yet.
Yesterday grabbed some cards to at least send and put cash in.
Maybe Im scrooge-ing this time in life? kids are not kids, young adults, the moneys there but should be on college debt help and savings...etc.. etc..

Everyone's buying their own presents, thats the cheerful part. Shopping season, buy yourself something from Santa...lol
Im going to call my first tube mic an early christmas present...a can of Popcorn and some Netflix binge time for this holiday.

My daughter is nuts about this holiday, psychoanalyzing it ...it involves decorating, cooking, shopping . So she loves all of it. I dont like any of it.

I forced myself out yesterday and bought 4 cards, two cheap plastic candy canes, and a couple magazines for the stocking/gifts and it was $52.
I thought? $52?? for 4 cards, 2 plastic candy things and two magazines? $52...?

as I type this I think I'll take them back, thats a ripoff....later

Attachments

• christmas.png
    christmas.png
    217.7 KB · Views: 2
Happy almost Christmas....ive dropped the vibe this year, no tree up yet, bought nearly nothing yet.
Yesterday grabbed some cards to at least send and put cash in.
Maybe Im scrooge-ing this time in life? kids are not kids, young adults, the moneys there but should be on college debt help and savings...etc.. etc..

Everyone's buying their own presents, thats the cheerful part. Shopping season, buy yourself something from Santa...lol
Im going to call my first tube mic an early christmas present...a can of Popcorn and some Netflix binge time for this holiday.

My daughter is nuts about this holiday, psychoanalyzing it ...it involves decorating, cooking, shopping . So she loves all of it. I dont like any of it.

I forced myself out yesterday and bought 4 cards, two cheap plastic candy canes, and a couple magazines for the stocking/gifts and it was $52.
I thought? $52?? for 4 cards, 2 plastic candy things and two magazines? $52...?

as I type this I think I'll take them back, thats a ripoff....later
Yeah. When did greeting cards go from $1.50 to $7.25? WTF? I’m gonna spend $7.25 to stick a $10 bill in it? Are you kdding me! :mad: :)

I’m refusing to buy another Hallmark card. I went to the dollar store for my mother’s b’day card last month. $.99. That’s more like it. It looked pretty cheap, but hey, it had an envelope and said Happy Birthday.

And did I mention it was $.99. :D

My kids, grandkids, and Mother were here for Christmas yesterday. My ex and in-laws get the actual Holiday. I get the 23rd. :o But once yiou get past the date, it’s the same anyway. Too much food. Presents that will be forgotten in a few days. And two days of cleaning and vacuuming afterwards.

Anyway... HO HO HO! to all of you.

yeah my familys in Iowa so theres nothing much here but me and the young adult kids.

I got past the scrooge mode (and blew off taking anything back...geeez?) still working on changing the routine of the Holiday.
Christmas Eve was going out for TBone steaks this year, and the place was full of people (who dont have family enough to cook big.)
Christmas is me and the son and some young friends of his stopping by for a shot of the Christmas bottle of 16yr old Langavulin Scotch , this years treat. Its sip and swirl stuff, and totally a new thing for us. Some Scotch drinkers said we did good with our selection.
I also grabbed some Guiness Export 200th Anniversary, delicious flavor of the dark beer.
Handing out cash versus toys these days. Im 57 and dont want to do the driving anywhere anymore. no more expensive flights with security crap.

dach...
no grandkids yet.... its obvious the little ones are the fun factor, imo.
The big family meals sound kind of good, in hindsight, that used to be our thing, drive to Iowa to the "family feast" and the snow was pretty damn cool for the rarity postcard stuff.

did cash this year no credit card hangover.

dach...
no grandkids yet.... its obvious the little ones are the fun factor, imo.
Yeah. I got my 4 y.o. grandson a drone. But this one is not like you think. It has no remote control. It has sensors in it that cause it to reverse direction when it gets close to something. So you can fly it in the house and it avoids the walls and ceiling. Then to steer it, you hold out your hand opposite of where you want it to go. By avoiding your hand, it goes in the other direction. Left, right, up, or down. It was pretty cool, and everyone was getting a kick out of it.

Of course it was broken before they even left. :rolleyes:

I just found this video, check it out.
YouTube

ha...bizarre? but then like the video, the kids want to grab it and catch it eventually= broken...I guess? The video shows that at the end.

the whole drone thing seemed to happen overnight, imo. like smart phones and apps its all getting so.."sci-fi".

Christmas is over.
I got more texts and fewer calls. No return lines this year, no lost-receipt searches through the garbage, not bad.
All in all it was a good one. despite the procrastination ..

NFL... 15 games of 16 completed..#16 coming up
Chiefs confuse me, Rams relentless, Pats are the Pro's, Saints have homefield and # 1 spot.....Seahawks seemed so fast last week, they had some mojo going ...they are Wild but play better than Div Winners... Cowboys, just don't make sense, they win they lose, they have new plays and now the new plays fizzled out already? the QB seems to be getting softer and throwing worse the front line has holes, they beat a crappy team and struggled to do that and were excited like it was a major accomplishment. The defense scoring saved them.

"what the hells going on out there!?" -Vince Lombardi

ha...bizarre? but then like the video, the kids want to grab it and catch it eventually= broken...I guess? The video shows that at the end.

You got it. My grandson couldn’t quite get the concept of putting your hand close to it, but not actually touching it. If you touch it, it knocks it off balance and it crashes. It’s pretty lightweight and the cage is flexible, so crashes aren’t necessarily a disaster, but I guess after enough of them... :)

No comment from me on football. My Giants have been out of it since like week 6, so I lost interest. I’ll get back on board for the playoffs. There’s usually some pretty good games.

Hey guys what's up?

I'm feeling the effects of all the beer I drank last night but it was a good time. I took my son to an open jam last night and met up with my brother and cousin. The place we went to has an open jam every Friday, but with different people hosting it. The crowd will vary depending on the hosts. Last night I was probably the youngest person to play:rolleyes:. Usually I'm the oldest.

I'm looking forward to being in a football coma today and tomorrow.

C'mon 2019, 2018 wasn't the greatest. The stock market crash was truly the cherry on the sundae.

I grabbed some more Guiness 200th Anniversary Import Stout that's fantastic. A perfect center taste to the draught and extra stout.
"The same year Benjamin brewed his lovely dark beer, we shipped the first barrels of Guinness to America." 1817....

that's cool to get out with the son for a jam session. don't let the old fool us, these days its probably a good crowd for a White Album track or Inagoddadvida… not everyone is rapping, though it seems like it. My oldest brother has been on stage since 8yrs old, hes still jamming around for $100 here , $200 there..makes $800 month for something to do in retirement (not sure how much goes back to the bar..?lol)...sometimes does it for free. Recording stuff. He just bought a interface and pc off me, then someone else was going to give him one for free too. I guess interfaces don't hold much value, like old computers don't hold much value...but they really work fine. Free Plugins!! Free old interfaces!!! and free old pc!!!

NFL... this is it, last week.. Im not gambling but if I did, Seahawks might get some on them.
Just because they looked so vibrant and energetic against the Chiefs. As for my favorite have to go with the Bears.
My home town Cowboys could win, should win, might lose..you never know.. Eagles and Redskins...nah that whole division just aint setting off sparks.
Rams are cool, they could bring a good game wherever they go.

Christmas days off... been messing with a new mic and using the LA610 in a longer testdrive this time. No chores....no repairs.... no problem.
Back to work 2nd, with old boss retiring at 76, new guy seems alright.

Hopefully the economy wont tank again.... 2019 here we go. I need 3-4yrs minimum for the last run to retirement.

I grabbed some more Guiness 200th Anniversary Import Stout that's fantastic. A perfect center taste to the draught and extra stout.
"The same year Benjamin brewed his lovely dark beer, we shipped the first barrels of Guinness to America." 1817....

Hopefully the economy wont tank again.... 2019 here we go. I need 3-4yrs minimum for the last run to retirement.

We always have Guinness in the beer fridge, it's my wife's favorite. She has Guinness clothes, mugs, glasses and trinkets.

I'm looking at 7-9 years depending on the circumstances.

Rodgers is head concussion...damaged. I called that one, he was trying to be a one man team and it never works. RGIII tried that, many have tried it and they end up damaged.

Cowboys had a thriller, 1 point game. They look disorganized. imo.
Bears win. (to face a pumped up Eagles)
Seahawks....etc...etc..

Cowboys should have lost. Giants get the ball on the 50 with 1:30 or so left in the game, and can’t even pick up 15 yards for a game winning FG attempt. :rolleyes:

lol...yeah the NFC East is not the obvious picks this year. Beasly caught the knee and won it, and hes the last of the old-team. QB is throwing all over the place. NYG is last place and it was a 1 point game.
Most the obvious leaders were winning 43 to 3 and like that.....but you neva know, on any given Sunday?

Weekends about over, vacations over nearly, and back to the reality.

Happy new year!
I'm looking forward to 2019, it's hard to believe a new decade is almost upon us.

I'm looking forward to my son graduating from college, other than that the only thing I've got to do is work on the house/shack this year. I haven't had a proper vacation in years, but once again finances dictate another stay-cation. I would really like to buy a new car, but as long as my daughter is driving my vehicle that's not going to happen.:rolleyes:

Football
The Packers pick at #12, it should've been higher, but they choked and beat the Jets. I was treated to one of the most pathetic games I have ever seen Sunday. Next year is a blank slate, I'm going to be a heretic and say they should consider trading Rodgers if someone backs up a Brinks truck full of lottery picks. He doesn't seem to be aging as well as Brees or Brady and it's like deja vu looking back at how the Favre thing went down. NFL teams can turn around in a hurry, but I think a big QB contract can be a huge weight on a team.

Music
I've got a list of songs that have been meaning to learn for years, this is the year I nail them!

Of course, I've been saying that for years.:o

LATER!!!!

Happy new year!
I'm looking forward to 2019, it's hard to believe a new decade is almost upon us.
!!!

Back at ya, dude! Let’s hope for a better 2019. Hard not to be... at least IRA-wise and hometown football-wise. :(

Christmas tree comes down today. I like having a tree, but putting it up and taking it down sucks. :o

So I’m thinking Texans, Seahawks, Chargers, and Bears this weekend.

Not a lot of interest in any of them, except to see the Cowgirls lose. :)

So I’m thinking Texans, Seahawks, Chargers, and Bears this weekend.

Not a lot of interest in any of them, except to see the Cowgirls lose. :)

I'm rooting for the Eagles, I'd take the Colts, Seahawks and Ravens. Ravens only because of home-field advantage.

On paper it looks like some real good games this week. I have often said the playoffs are usually better than the Super Bowl.

I want Bears.
Of course rooting for Dallas, but Im not so excited about the QB as most. Hes on and off and his throws are high or at the feet 50% of the time. They have some new talent, a bunch of new talent so its hard to read which team will show up..lol
Ive seen the Seahawks once and they were ferocious. ...took out the Chiefs. Little did I know they'd be facing the Cowboys...yikes.

Other than the Cowboys.....I want the Bears or Rams all the way. (or I wont care much)

my favorite game is still Turkey day with Rams and Chiefs.. hopefully some great football today.

now the hard decision, CHineese order out or Pizza delivered?

LOL.. I thought I called everything the other week, but watching even the T-Bradshaw and the talking heads they cant gues 100% either.

I admit, I was surprised Dallas won. I didn't count on the QB's running... both sides. It was a good game when the Seahawks tossed the 54 yrd pass at the last 1min +.... the onside kick, it was over.

"run the football!!" panic plays....when I see that its like scrambling because things aren't going well and the QB usually gets blasted eventually and destroyed when they run all the time or several times.

Seahwaks and Cowboys both equal but neither are on fire , imo…..

Go Bears!!!!

on a food note: I cooked a Tombstone pizza. I used to love those 20yrs ago and tried one. It was like cardboard pizza, the sause machine missed half of it and the cheese was sparse and reduced, with small amount of thin pepperoni…..going for Pizza Hut today, $6 Medium Deal.

Back