Dag nabbit squirrels in my computer again

nave

Cave Relic
I dunno where this belongs.....Maybe Newbies? who knows? It involves cakewalk so I'm putting it here.......Some squirrels got into my computer somehow and changed all my settings around on just about every damn program......

I turned on Cakewalk today......And it prompted me to select a midi input and output and said that if I didn't I wouldn't hear anything......So I select the darn things....There are two of them..Everything seems to be fine.....

However, You know how in cakewalk channel ten typically correlates with the instrument definition for General Midi Drums? Well my General midi drums are not working But All my other on board midi shit is fine.....Now, I dunno know about you, but I think that is wierd....

Also, I soon find out that the metronome is only working when it is set to that stupid pc speaker beeping noise........I normally have it set to the midi note of the closed hi-hat which I assume is coming from my general midi drums (no wonder it doesn't work eh?).....So I figure that I would go into the metronome settings and I discover when I change the port from #1 to #2 that the metronome problem fixes itself and I get the hi-hat sound that I like.....but somehow the general midi drums still don't work....Damn squirrels :mad: Does anybody here have any Idea what the heck is going on? I surely don't.....Any help would be appreciate.........Could this be a bug in cakewalk perhaps or is it a setting thing somewhere? I've had probs with the general midi drums not registering ride cymbals before....hmmmm......

I really don't even use these general midi drums....but I want this fixed because it makes me mad :mad:.....oh and sometimes I do actually use them for setting the tempo for scratch tracks

Squirrels also got to my printer...but that's another problem....look out for the squirrels....Any help would be appreciated

- nave

Nave, Is Red Bank school of Music still open? I used to go there all the time, tried to get Mr Loweys daughter to be my girl, figured I could get some good discounts???

ya know.....I dunno if it is open still or not dragonworks......I was just in red bank the other day or at least I think I was......A friend of mine is taking some music classes up there at Brookdale community college and I was giving him a lift home...not sure if it's actually red bank there but it's damn close anyway......I've never even heard of the school you've mentioned..hmmmm...

Anyway....Back to the damn squirrels......anyone?

Sorry I couldnt help you with your cakewalk question. Brookdale is in Lynncroft which is part of Middletown just across the river from Red Bank. The Red Bank School of music was, is, a Music store and by was by far the best one in Monmouth county when I was a kid 30 to 35 years ago.

Wow, a couple of more Jersey guys. I live in Middlesex Cty, but my daughter attended Brookdale a couple of years ago.

Nothing at all to do with this thread, but just thought I'd chime in (and BTW, I don't know if Red Back School of Music is open either).

Hey what's up decach....how's it going....:)

*note* you can just ignore this thread because I fixed the problem.....:)

Nave - Glad to hear your problem's fixed.

Where you from in Jersey? (I live in Sayreville.) What kind of music do you work on?

hey what's up decach......I'm currently imprisoned in Toms River :D....we've been making the national news alot lately :D

Used to live in Sayerville.....On pine tree drive right by Kennedy park (think that's what is called) and the library...

Anyway, I don't know what kind of music I'm making.....Good music? Seriously though, I'm trying to make music that sounds good for a change..that's why I'm here....seriously though that's a tough question to answer....When I started playing guitar I was playing hair band riffs and hendrix songs....Then I discovered the Grateful Dead while I simultaneously learned to play grunge music and Jazz......The result of all this experimenting is this: Now, I have no idea what type of music I make :D .....So it's a good question....I ask myself that same question everyday :D

Well obviously you're doing a jazzy, grungy, Grateful Dead, Hendrix kinda thingy.

Don't know where Pine Tree Drive is, but I'm less than a mile from Kennedy Park. Small world.

P.S. Keep those Seaside Heights Police down your neck of the woods. :) (Actually I almost got locked up by those boys somewhere around 1967. Long story, but I was in a band that was playing the Chatterbox Lounge on the boardwalk. Is that still there?)

1967 huh? I wasn't even an embryo then.....:D

The chatter box...as I remember it...was on the bulevard for about the last fifteen or so years and not the boardwalk...maybe they moved there...but anyway, I think that they closed down...or actually I think that they turned into the Yachety Yack Cafe or something...an odd sort of place...It's supposed to be for "old timers." Infact you can't even get into the bar unless your over 25....ok, so it's not so old...but I've always found it an odd rule anyway considering that 21 is usually the standard everywhere...I guess this is the first year that I'm eligible to get in there.....just turned 25......I guess I'll have to see what it's all about :D...... I'm usually partial to "captain hooks" and the "sawmill" but I don't even really go out drinking much anymore anywhere.....But when I did...I had my share of trouble with those Seaside cops as well......the Seaside heights police force is probably one of the most incompetent group of crime fighting morons that I have ever come across......Most of them are just seasonal cops...one's that we call "rent a cops"......Just kids...lot of them younger than me with little to no training or experience...just the type you want carrying guns around...:D

Oh and Pine tree drive is less than a mile from Kennedy park...I wish I could remember the name of the road it is off of....It is a main road that runs perpendicular to the park....There is a overpass on it for the train tracks as well...hmmmm......It is a small world

hey im not too far from jersey im in staten island ny..i usually go to jersey to guitar center on rt18.....just thought id jump in and see what happens

I wish I could remember the name of the road it is off of....It is a main road that runs perpendicular to the park....

Most likely Ernston Rd.

Just turned 25, huh. I have underwear older than that (in fact, most of my underwear is older than that.) :)

The Chatterbox was definitely on the Boardwalk. There were two clubs, kinda across from each other - the Chatterbox and the Beachcomber. They were pretty big back in the 60's and 70's. The Beachcomber was actually on a pier over the water, whereas the Chatterbox was on the "street" side of the boardwalk. I haven't been to Seaside in years, but used to hang out there quite a bit when I was younger.

i usually go to jersey to guitar center on rt18

Hey Sickdrummer, 'sup. Welcome to the Jersey thread. BTW, that's the same GC that I shop at. It's in East Brunswick. Got my Mackie mixer there. You probably go through Sayreville when you go there - let me guess, Outerbridge to 440, to Rt 9 South to Rt 18?? (unless you know the back roads). :D

Yah....Dechayter.......The chatter box...is definately gone.....However, the Beachcomber is still there...right were it was when you went there.....I go there everynow and then...occasionally they have some live music there....it's not a bad place as far as seaside goes.....

Ernston road huh? Maybe....sounds right.....It was so long ago when I lived there...15 years actually...but I remember growing up there when I was real young....Actually my old man still owned the house there up until about a year ago when he sold it...I was there all last summer helping do some rennovations to get it ready for the market........

Sickdrummer staten Island huh....how long does it take you to get to guitar center from there?........I guess it couldn't be anylonger than it takes me....actually I'm sure it's much quicker for you...I occasionally stop there...It's about an hour from me..kind of far unless your shopping for something other than strings.....Anyway...I've been stopping there quite a bit lately because I started taking some of my graduate studies at rutgers and I'm on rt 18 three or four days a week now....Anyhow...cool beans :)

hey nave.
it probly takes me about 25 min toget there from my house. ive been goin to there alot cause i just got studio monitors,headphone amp, and some other junk. but when i get strings for my guitar and bass and sticks for my drums i usuallyt go to places around here. but my friend is also so a NEw drummer so he has been goin there with me to get some goods for his new set.

Back