Cubase Questions

Jacobi1211

within Cubase, is it possible to compress... say a kick drum track while i'm recording it to cut back on any clipping that might occur??? I've been playing with it and I can compress it after the fact, but i'd really like to do it as I'm recording the track. Thanks so much to all of the Cubasers out there!!!

also, how can I get my Cubase SX and firepod to run at 24 bit with each other??? my presonus will run at 24 bit, but when i change the sample rate from 44.1kHz to 48.0kHz, it doesn't work with my cubase... so i'm expecting I need to change something within Cubase??? PLEASE HELP!!! hehe

Jacob

You should really read your manual...

(A) Compression can be done on the way in if you use an analog compressor. Otherwise, it can't. *Within* Cubase, the signal has already been converted.

(B) You're obviously recording your levels WAY too hot if you're even getting *close* to clipping at the input. Just back it down and everything will be fine.

The last part I don't understand - It starts talking about word length, then goes into sample rate issues... Either way, it's probably something for the manual.

you need to change the sample rate within Cubase. when you change the sample rate within cubase it usually can change it for your audio interface as well. Its in your project preferences or project set up.

Back