Cubase Le4 Delay compensation Anyone?

chess999

Hello,
I'm multi-track layering using the output from my Tascam 22-2 to feed into Cubase Le4 while monitoring from the computer. Obviously because of the delay from the record head and the repro head there is a slight delay when the signal gets laid down into cubase. To correct this typically one would either physically grab and drag the track backwards or adjust the clock next to the pan window.
SO HERE"S MY QUESTION. Can I setup Cubase to automatically make this adjustment for me after I stop recording? That is to say, it will automatically line up my tracks for me?

Any help much appreciated!

Dan

I don't know about LE4, but you should have a setting for that in the VST settings.

You need to do two things:

Adjust your latency settings so they are as low as they can be without causing your computer to slow down too much.

Select the track you are recording onto, in the panel on the left there is a "delay" slider. Drag it to, for example, -50ms. This will delay the whole track -50ms, which will offset any latency you might have introduced. This will only work during playback, so I recommend hardware monitoring.

The main fix, though, is getting the latency set up correctly in the drivers.

Thanks again Waffle...tried it out...works great. I calculated the delay by metering off the transport and placing my cursor on the beginning of the first track and the then to the beginning of the second track. I found this distance to be approx 74 Milliseconds for anyone using a Tascam 22-2. No extra computer latency added to that. Then adjusted on the slider before tracking the next track as you mentioned and it came out perfect.

Dan

Select the track you are recording onto, in the panel on the left there is a "delay" slider. Drag it to, for example, -50ms. This will delay the whole track -50ms, which will offset any latency you might have introduced. This will only work during playback, so I recommend hardware monitoring..

LE4 doesn't have a master setting?

Attachments

• cubase.JPG
    cubase.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 18
Back