Cubase 5 midi volume stuck at maximum, help?

leavings

Hi all,

I was just working on a project in Cubase 5, doing something completely unrelated to the HalionOne organ track. When I pressed play, the Midi volume was maxed out, and nothing I do seems to change it. I tried reloading the project, playing with individual note velocity, and moving every Midi related fader I could find. None of them made a difference. I also tried reloading an earlier version of the project and found that the problem did NOT exist there. Did I inadvertently click something that maxes out the Midi volume?

If no one knows what the problem is, how can I fix it without having to rewrite the whole Midi track?

Thanks!

Update: worked around the problem by creating a new instrument track and copy/pasting the notes from the old track. The new track is responding to volume control.

Still, does anyone know what caused this? Is it a bug, or did I somehow cause it?

Thanks!

Was it a midi track that you created? If not my guess is that it was written into the midi track to have the volume dimed at all times.

It can also happen that you will get a program change at the start of the midi and people will ask "why does the sound change back to ____ when I play the midi track over again?"

Although you changed it to a different track and it fixed it so I'm guessing either automation data keeping you from moving it or it could just been a glitch.

Back