Crackling/Skipping with Yamaha HS5

qdice

Just over the past week I've noticed crackling and skipping in my Yamaha hs5 speakers. I read that maybe it was the interference between all my plugs? I have the speakers and sub running on one power bar, my Apogee Ensemble interface/External HD/Computer plug in another power bar.. both running off separate wall plugs. Although they are plugged in separate power bars, it's all under my desk, would separating far apart make a difference?

I'm running a fairly decent Macbook Pro, does anyone have any suggestions or experienced something similar?

Thanks.

Are you sure its the speakers? Plug a set of headphones into the Apogee and see if the noise is still there. Unless you changed something in your set up, it's unlikely that any cable issues would be the cause.

Sounds more like a buffering problem, but that would show up in the headphones as well, like [MENTION=39487]mjbphotos[/MENTION] suggested testing.

Do you normally have voltage drops or anything that makes you suspect a power problem? That would be unusual.

Back