cool new fender strat

Jamal Bucket said:
lol...ok well if its not a strat , what would you call it ?...a les fucking paul??
Well, I'll tell you what it actually is, then.

It's a Korean Cort (Cor-Tek), and they don't normally do stuff this hideous unless there's an export FMIC contract spec behind it.

ok....maybe this is the problem ..the picture in this thread is a joke ..the guitar in question is in the link in the first post ....im pretty sure its not a cort as its a link to the fender website?...is that the confusion? :)

edit* i took the "dick guitar" picture off so things would be clearer..lol.

edit 2 im sure the paint on the neck would wear off pretty quick ..but i just thought it was a cool idea ...for those first few months ..it would look pretty cool on stage ....no?

Jamal Bucket said:
edit 2 im sure the paint on the neck would wear off pretty quick ..but i just thought it was a cool idea ...for those first few months ..it would look pretty cool on stage ....no?

No, it is under a good clear coat, same as any maple fingerboard should be. I've done a few finished fingerboards, most notable a refinish for one of Prince's "Cloud" guitars (no, we didn't make them. We just refinished one for a tour. He's awful to work for. The guitars are pretty well made, but the necks are so damn narrow I couldn't even kind of play the damn thing. Dude's got little fucking hands.)

And no, that's not a strat. It has no pickguard, only one pickup, and it's a humbucker. That doesn't mean it's not a fine sounding guitar, but it certainly is NOT a strat.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

Light said:
And no, that's not a strat. It has no pickguard, only one pickup, and it's a humbucker. That doesn't mean it's not a fine sounding guitar, but it certainly is NOT a strat.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

fair enough ..im just going off how its listed on the cover of the "holiday gifts" edition of musicians friend,.."Fender limited edition So-Cal Speed shop strat"

It's going to be my Xmas present :) I think with a coil tap and a trem it might be the perfect surf guitar. I think the neck finish is cool, but I imagine in time I'll get tired of it and strip it off in favor of the rosewood that is supposedly underneath.

Yeah, it's not a Strat, which is probably why I like it. This is the only one I've ever loved. I don't like the stock Strat's jack, giant plastic pickguard, selector switch, knobs :o But I like this one :)

LMAO ..well i guess that guitar is such an afront to all things beautiful and right in the world that it compelled someone to give me negative rep for posting the picture ...are you serious ...a picture of a guitar that i thought was cool looking means that much to some of you ? :D :D :D

WOW . :confused:

frankieballsss said:
That thing is hideous. I would be embarassed to play live with that guitar.

WOW.ok .i guess the other guitarist in my band has an ibanez sharp pointy TOTAL METAL -ly guitar that i think is douchetastic ...but i mean ..im embarrased for HIM not me ?..

that is Awful. and the worst thing is that someone has actually thought 'i tell you whats cool than a bright red guitar, and thats a bright red guitar with a big white arrow on it...!'

This Was Not An Accident, is what i Think i'm trying to say. no one accidently drove over this guitar, and left it looking like that. no one spilt paint on it, or used it as a coffee table. i mean, i could even understand if someone had decided to give it a go, and then realised their mistake and Not tried to sell it. i can imagine, in a couple of years time, when a couple of these instruments have been based about a bit and people are buying/selling them for parts, people selling Other guitars will put "don't worry, these tuners/ pickups/whatever did Not come from the god-awful red and white monstrosity.

:rolleyes:

Andy

Back