Converter Help

shAkEz_gk

I currently have a Lynx Two soundcard, and an E-Mu 1212M.

I'm looking to buy a converter, I've got about $2,500 to play with, so I need some suggestions.
I just want to have the best quality I can, any help is greatly appreciated.

I haven't compared, and really it may not be the weak link in your chain. I think you'd realize more of a difference in recording by picking up a new mic etc than a converter over what you have but that's just a guess. You could just go for the gusto and spend $2k on some high dollar stuff and see if that saves the day or changes anything.

War

Here's everything I'm working with.

Lynx Two-B
E-mu 1212M
Focusrite Liquid Channel
Presonus Central Station
Safe Sound P1

I picked up 2 pair of AKG K271 headphones

And as for mics these are the ones I have currently

AT 4060
ADK TL
AT 3060
Shure KSM 32
Rode K2
Blue Dragonfly

I didn't know Apogee offered mon cables, or I would have went for them, but the Monster SP-1000 cables are great so far.

shAkEz_gk said:
Here's everything I'm working with.

Lynx Two-B
E-mu 1212M
Focusrite Liquid Channel
Presonus Central Station
Safe Sound P1

I picked up 2 pair of AKG K271 headphones

And as for mics these are the ones I have currently

AT 4060
ADK TL
AT 3060
Shure KSM 32
Rode K2
Blue Dragonfly

Gotta ask...you like that Liquid Channel? Lots of talk on these boards about them, I only did some quick listening at AES with one.

You recording any drums etc? Looks like you could use some dynamics etc but if you're doing acoustic type stuff you should be fine on mics.

War

I love my Lucid 9624 AD. Big step up from my RME's.

If I was going to put $2500 into converters I'd probably go with Lavry.

Tim

The RME are actually a step below your Lynx. The next step up would be the Lynx Aurora or moving on up from there maybe the Lavry or Mytek followed by Apogee at the top.

Warhead said:
Gotta ask...you like that Liquid Channel? Lots of talk on these boards about them, I only did some quick listening at AES with one.

You recording any drums etc? Looks like you could use some dynamics etc but if you're doing acoustic type stuff you should be fine on mics.

War

It's a beast, I'll never use half the pre's or compressors built into this thing.
I can't complain though, it's quality is the best I've heard, but then again, I havent used many pre's.

Back