Controllers with MIDI In/Out and Touch Sensitivity For Under £100

Touch sensitivity is built into every keyboard (bar organs) or do you mean aftertouch. If you want sensitivity to be different, as in light, medium or heavy, that again is different. How many notes do you need? 49/61/88? You can get a non-aftertouch keyboard. These from Thomann are quite nice to play swissonic_easykey_61.htm fairly light synth style bit no aftertouch. With aftertouch a 61 note starts around £160. If you can live with 32 keys - the Behringher swing has aftertouch too. and less than £70.

Yep. Realised that a controller isn't a synthesiser and that they don't actually have a sound or sounds of their own. So all I need is velocity/touch sensitivity (preferably adjustable to match the device being controlled) and a MIDI Out jack so that I can directly connect to my drum machine's MIDI In without having to worry about USB to MIDI compatibility.

Mini keys could be good - or even watch out for some pads on ebay? One thing though. Most midi keyboards when used for drums end up being almost constantly loud. Playing thump crack, thump crack on a keyboard tends to be physical - so every beat is MIDI 127! Pads are designed to be hit, so the scaling is better.

Mini keys could be good - or even watch out for some pads on ebay? One thing though. Most midi keyboards when used for drums end up being almost constantly loud. Playing thump crack, thump crack on a keyboard tends to be physical - so every beat is MIDI 127! Pads are designed to be hit, so the scaling is better.
Well that explains it. :D

There are a few controllers out there that have MIDI in/out and touch sensitivity for under £100. I would recommend checking out the Akai MPK Mini, Novation Launchkey 25, or the Alesis V25. These controllers are all relatively affordable and offer a great amount of control over your music.

--
Jason Hook. I enjoy remixing old songs using Audacity together with UnMixIt for vocal removal or isolation

Jason, you recommended three keyboards that wont help him at all. He wishes to control a drum machine, so he wants a MIDI output socket, NOT a USB. None of these can work without a computer.

Back