Connect effect processors together

Harald12

In Steve Vai rig he connect two delays and a harmonizer and so on together on a effect loop on his Carvin tube amp head (100 watt). When i try to connect Line6 PODHD500 with BOSS GT-10 or Behringer virtualizer 3D FX2000 in a serie it does´nt sound good at all. What is it that when steve connects like he does it sounds good and when i connect like i do it does´nt sound good? I also use an Nose pedal loop box, then it sounds good if i only use PODHD 500 or FX2000 alone on different loops. But i wonder why i can´t use the effect processors together like steve vai does?

You want to run the modelers in series. You can simulate this horrible hookup by running the efx out of your amplifier into the input of your floor modeler. It's pretty safe to say that anyone who is running more than one mfx/modeler simultaneously has them in some sort of parallel configuration, so that they can mix/layer/blend them together---and not use one to sonically fry the input of the other. Note also that the units that Vai was running (in series?) were probably designed/set up to work in series and in an effects loop. The POD and GT can be set up like "rack efx" but not by running one into the other.

Paj
8^)

Back