Comments on Drum Track?

Not bad. It might be a bit too distant sounding and I'm not crazy about the snare. Some compression on the OH's would fatten it up a bit. Drums are weird though because you never really know how they're going to work until you hear them with the song.

thats true! im heading up to record all the guitar and bass today hopefully everything will go as planned if so ill post some finals! then vocals should come next week

Likewise, I think the drums sound OK but are a bit thin, not much oomph. They don't sound like you are standing right there.

I don't understand, did you use those 4 mics only? Kicks are good, snare and racks are too close sounding, throw some verb on em maybe? Still would like to know exactly how you are micing
Jason

Great double bass. Sounds like a heavy metal style beat. I really like the tom sound, sounds pretty good. My only complaint is the snare. It sounds too weak and also to meit sounds like your hitting a cardboard box.

K mic placement was MK219 condensor overhead center, Sm57 on mini boom about halfway inside kick, Sm 57 on the bottom head of the 3rd large floor tom and the Beta 57A on boom inbetween rack toms pointing at drummers chest

sorry to be so critical...

FWIW...

the playing seems fine, but it sounds like an AM radio.

there's no width or space around the drums... absolutely no ambience...

and if you bring the cymbals forward, I think they may be too brittle... work to do there...

the kick tone seemd Ok but I was too distracted by the rest of the kit's tone...

I like the snare, but I it needs a bit of body...

double the guitar and see what happens...

k well im tracking bass tomorrw then its gonna be time to sit down and mix everything, what you hear is just all raw unmixed levels and all thanks for the comments tho

Back