color blind

Explain why colorblindness would disqualify you for working for a circus when you seem to be doing quite well in pro sound otherwise.
Since there are multiple languages spoken in the production, most of the cues are done with colored lights. If I can't tell the difference between a red LED and a green LED, I don't know what cue to run. It also makes it a challenge to wire things up sometimes, even though most things in pro audio are numbered instead of color coded...

It is unfortunate because Circue has almost a dozen shows out here and they are constantly looking for sound guys. It's a decent paying gig too.

I'm color blind.... didn't even know until I took my drivers test. I worked as a graphic artist and it never affected me at all. It is not like you cannot see color, it just means your brain sees it differently. Red has always looked red to me I just see it differently. I do have trouble with dark colors though.... most every very dark color looks black to me
It's not that your brain sees it differently, it's that your eyes don't have enough of the receptors that pick up the colors you can't see well. Your brain is working correctly, your eyes suck

I am a Vans guy when it comes to drum shoes. Well, if I actually wear shoes.

This pic of mine is obviously grey. I could see a hint of green in the grey color of the shoe posted here but I would definitely not call it green or olive drab.

This reminds me of when I was a kid. There was a Crayola crayon called 'burnt sienna'. WTF did that mean?

Attachments

• My shoe file.jpg
    My shoe file.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 37
You're not wrong because you're in the minority. You're wrong because you're wrong.

Anyway, I'd dig those shoes if they didn't have the Hot Topic spikes.

I'm looking forward to the first time they set off the airport metal detector.

I think the shoes are dark green too. But, I too am colorblind.

As much as I hate to use this phrase - 'ditto'.

And I'm with Dobro on this one. I understand that what we see is not the same as what the majority sees, but it still is subjective, which means that there technically is no 'wrong' unless one cannot discern that there is a difference between two things when there is. Greg is right, in that they are different frequencies, and so there IS a difference, but as long as you can perceive that there is a difference, how you perceive that difference is subjective.

Last edited:
And don't you just love it when you tell someone you're colorblind, and they spend the next 15 minutes asking you what color everything is?

What color is that guy's shirt? What color is that car? What color are my eyes?

And FYI for you that don't know, there are different 'kinds' of color blindness, so not all color blind people see things the same as all other color blind people. And yes, some people don't see color at all, only black, white, and shades of grey. Hmmm, I wonder how many shades of grey they see? :facepalm:

And as far as the subjective/objective thing goes, I can't tell you how many times people with so called 'normal' color vision have said that the color something is appears different in different lighting conditions, and how often a group of 'normal' people will all disagree on what color something is. So yes, color wavelength is an objective fact, but color perception by any individual is objective.

OK, I'm done.

Hey, he started it!

The toes of the shoes I'd call some variant of olive... the body of the shoe I'd probably call dark brown, but I'd have to see them in person to be sure... photos can lie. There could well be green in there.

Mail them to me dobro and I'll give you the correct answer. What size are you? :D

The toes of the shoes I'd call some variant of olive... the body of the shoe I'd probably call dark brown, but I'd have to see them in person to be sure... photos can lie. There could well be green in there.

Mail them to me dobro and I'll give you the correct answer. What size are you? :D

They're my size. You can pry them off my cold dead toes when I've stopped kicking.

I color sampled the photo of the shoes in photoshop in a couple of places and assuming the photo is accurate the shoes are pretty close to neutral gray with a BLUE tint. COlors will also look different to your brain depending what other colors are nearby- you have to isolate them to see the true color. Shoe color is below.

gray-blue.jpg

I'm not colour blind.

I see the soles and toes of the shoes as a light olive green, and the upper has very dark olive green.

This is an interesting topic for an art major like me. I think the issue here is compounded by the fact that the formula for the color is roughly even for all three primary colors. Roughly 66% Blue, 56% Red, 52% Yellow, 28% Black... (CMYK print color, cyan, magenta, yellow) But it is blue dominant.

So there is green in there it just shouldn't be dominant to anyone with perfect color vision? Also, adjacent colors will cause other colors to look different. Look at this picture... with the green leaves removed does it look blue now? The color swatch is the sampled color, see how it is a blue hue range when sampled.

shoesprintscreen.jpg

Back